MoneyGram is a financial connection for friends and family. Each employee plays a part in helping the world transfer nearly $600 billion each year for everything from life’s essentials, to emergency needs and even savings. Our multicultural company operates in more than 200 countries and territories throughout the globe and provides challenging and rewarding opportunities for all employees. At MoneyGram, we encourage and embolden the entire team to use innovation to enhance our culture, company, products and the communities where we live and work. Connect with us via social media and learn more about MoneyGram, our Foundation and our customers.
At MoneyGram, we act with integrity, treat each other with respect and are committed to our company growth as well as to enabling personal and professional growth. These values are the underpinning of our company culture and the essence of who we are as a collective organization of individuals.
Head of Regional Compliance
Job ID 17011492
Date posted 9/01/ 2017
Head of Regional Compliance - (17011492)
The Head of Regional Compliance is expected to operate as the risk and regulatory subject matter expert and advisory escalation point for their region. The Head of Regional Compliance is charged with monitoring and oversight responsibilities to ensure:
- MoneyGram's ongoing compliance with local laws and regulations, (where applicable in relevant jurisdictions).
- All Agents execute and comply with MoneyGram's Global Agent Oversight Program.
- MoneyGram's regulatory and reputation risks are managed within mandated Board and company policies, standards and expectations.
- All significant regulatory compliance and reputation risks are identified, properly managed, (without surprises) and appropriately escalated to their reporting manager and where appropriate, the Chief Compliance Officer and relevant committees.
The Head of Regional Compliance, as part of exercising Agent Oversight responsibilities, is expected to ensure that all agents comply with applicable local laws and regulations as well as adhering to MoneyGram's global compliance policies and standards in order that operations occur within MoneyGram's globally defined compliance standards. In respect of their regions, the Director is responsible for leading and overseeing the execution of the Global Agent Oversight Program. This includes ensuring that Agent compliance reviews are executed on schedule, performed within established criteria/and guidelines and industry best practices, and properly documented and archived.
- Executes established compliance programs, principles, standards and policies and all regional oversight expectations.
- Implements policies and procedures designed to mitigate exposure and enhance compliance activities.
- Ensures compliance programs are maintained and relevant.
- May be responsible for chairing, leading and/or actively participating in Risk and Internal Control Committees and/or relevant non-executive board management.
- Assists in providing management reporting and dashboard metrics on an ongoing basis to support field team.
- Consults with internal and external experts to identify risks, best practices and regulatory trends and expectations.
- Analyzes internal and external information to gain additional intelligence regarding emerging/horizon regulatory and business risks, avoiding surprises.
- Ensures that minimum controls are in place for the region, monitored and operating effectively to mitigate regulatory compliance and reputation risks.
- Facilitates policy, risk and control discussions with stakeholders when required.
- Ensures policy objectives are met.
- Actively seeks opportunities to further enhance the Agent Oversight Program for their region.
- Oversees complex corridor oversight and high risk Agent relationships and actively engages the business and stakeholders in respect of control deployments and risk mitigation action.
- Senior advisory escalation point for their region in respect of all significant regulatory compliance and reputation risks and risks arising from the Agent Oversight Program.
- Leads and develops a regional team of subject matter experts and trusted advisers.
- Provides direction, clarity and guidance to staff regarding AML, fraud and sanctions compliance activities, issues, laws and regulations.
- Ensures direct staff is well trained and knowledgeable on AML compliance.
- Provides direct supervision, instruction, guidance and direction to staff.
- Coordinates regional department workflow to ensure efficient and effective distribution of resources and workload.
- Provides feedback and coaching on job performance to reports.
- Provides guidance and support to the Regional Business regarding risk and policy standards.
- Holds self and regional teams accountable to following global program standards.
- Provides guidance, policy interpretation and support to all regional business activities.
- Actively participates in management discussions on risk.
- Liaises with and engages with relevant regulators, law enforcement authorities and industry bodies.
- Actively participates and provides input into Regional Risk Assessments and content for Program Building.
- Acts effectively as the Regional MLRO as defined by country requirements.
- Fosters and maintains regulatory relationships.
- Ensures that regional team provides business support for new products, services and channels.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Masters and/or JD, preferred.
- 8-10 years' management experience with responsibilities for hiring, performance management and coaching.
- 8-10 years' work experience as a subject matter expert in compliance in a banking or financial services environment especially in AML compliance, fraud, risk and investigation management and sanctions.
Primary Location Brussels-Brussels-Belgium
Additional Locations NL_Corp_Amsterdam_Zuidplein 36-Amsterdam-Amsterdam-Netherlands;GB_Corp_London_Queen Victoria Street 85-London-England-United Kingdom;DE_Corp_Frankfurt_Junghofstrasse 26-Frankfurt am Main-Frankfurt am Main-Germany
- Outstanding leadership skills, including a track record of developing distinctive strategic direction, and translating broad strategies into specific objectives and action plans.
- Demonstrated leadership/team management, preferably with experience in appropriately supporting and managing remote reports.
- Capability to lead, advance and implement global compliance programs ensuring the business operation functions are engaged and associated processes and systems are aligned.
- Proven change agent; track record of championing new initiatives within and beyond the scope of own job, stimulating others to make changes and improvement.
- Key knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act and AML Regulations, USA Patriot Act, Office of Foreign.
- Proven experience and ability to operate multi-nationally with regulators, law enforcement bodies, business partners and agents.
- Understanding of the MoneyGram's business model practice and industry trends and context.
- Demonstrated ability to draft clear and professional correspondence, policies, procedures and other documents of a compliance and business nature.
- Excellent analysis and problem solving skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to resolve customer complaints and conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately work with confidential information.
- Demonstrated persuasive, professional oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to employ tact and to appropriately adjust communications when interacting with individuals at varying levels in the organization.
- Experience communicating with regulators and law enforcement agencies.
- Excellent demonstrated organizational skills, including time management, record keeping, self-scheduling, and follow-up.
- Knowledge of MS Word and excel and typing proficiency.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Additional language skills (as appropriate to the region).
BE_Corp_Ru Des Colonies 11
Rue des Colonies 11
Job Regional Compliance
Job Posting Sep 01, 2017
Why join MoneyGram International?
Not only are we one of the largest money transfer companies in the world, with agents in more than 200 countries and territories, we are industry innovators and game-changers. We continue to outperform our competition in a dynamic industry that moves $600 billion - and growing - around the world each year.
Though we have a large global reach, we maintain a fairly small team of approximately 2,500 employees, which means that each one of our team members plays a meaningful role in our success. MoneyGram is an equal opportunity employer, and we're focused on building our diverse and inclusive teams with top global talent to help us accomplish our goals.