Regional Compliance Manager
MoneyGram’s culture of compliance means employees hold the key to the safety and security of the business. We are all part of the first line of defense in preventing criminal abuse of MoneyGram products and services. We count on everyone to report suspicious findings and protect the interest of our customers.
What are the qualifications that will help you achieve success at MoneyGram?
“MoneyGram offers a fast-paced and culturally diverse environment in which employees are empowered to use their analytical skills to mitigate potential risk. The Financial Intelligence Unit leadership team creates a warm, positive, and supportive setting for analysts to thrive.”Binita Sawhney, Compliance Analyst III, 5310 Global Back Office (U.S.)
“The MoneyGram FIU culture is positive and encourages collaboration and a positive work environment. Management is open and supportive and there are plenty of opportunities for career growth as a Compliance Analyst in the FIU.”Ann Barrett, Compliance Analyst III, 5308 Financial Intelligence Unit (U.S.)
“When a colleague of mine joined MoneyGram, I thought it was a great place to work at. The multi-cultural working environment is a great experience, especially in an open-space office. I appreciate meeting and working with people from all over the world. Getting to know different cultures and trying to understand them broadens your horizons, if you keep an open mind.
I have been with the company for over a year now and I am pleased to be a part of it. Recently, I have changed my role in the compliance department and I am learning something new everyday. I see challenges as opportunities for progress and my duties never keep me bored.
When I was an English teacher, before I began my AML experience, I enjoyed working with people, having impact on their lives and feeling that what I did mattered. I found a similar feeling here, at MG, where just by looking at the data you can sometimes see real life stories. Helping fraud victims (It could have been your grandma who got scammed) and reporting the bad guys are definitely rewarding. I enjoy working at MG, I like the people I work with and generally, I like my job. It's an environment I would recommend to everyone.”Marcin Banaszek - Compliance Analyst II, Transaction Monitoring (Poland)
“I first knew about MoneyGram after moving from Egypt with my wife and 4 years old daughter, from a friend who had just joined MoneyGram few days earlier. seeking for new start and a challenge, I applied. It was clear from the first day during the recruitment processes that I was dealing with not only professionals but as well friendly community.
Once I joined the vibe was high, new colleagues from all over the world, different cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. All working helping each other with the workload and sharing the nice moments and building new friendships.
It is the Diversity, respect to each other, the acceptance, the team work spirit which makes MoneyGram the perfect place to innovate and grow. Proud to be member of this family.”Ahmed Khalil -Due Dilligence Analyst II (Poland)
Global Partner Compliance Policy
MoneyGram agents and other non-agent distribution channels are important partners that offer money transfers and other services to our customers.
See Policy >
Report Illegal & Unusual Activity
MoneyGram is committed to a strong compliance program, and to preventing and stopping fraud to protect our customers and business partners.
Learn More >
MoneyGram supports ongoing professional development through continued education and on-the-job experience.
An exciting opportunity now exists for a Regional Compliance Manager to join MoneyGram in Brussels. As the Regional Compliance Manager you will work directly with the most complex and large volume business partners of MoneyGram within the territory assigned. The incumbent is a primary compliance resource with responsibilities of: measuring Agents’ Compliance and Anti-Fraud programs (on-site); driving training and awareness initiatives, which includes the development and deployment of communications and training material; and, providing guidance and support to Agents.
The Regional Compliance Manager will be responsible to help drive Agents to implement or enhance compliance and anti-fraud policies and procedures and will also assist in the development of Compliance and Anti-Fraud programs as required. The incumbent will partner and liaison with business unit representatives to ensure Agent policies and controls are practical, efficient and workable and they capture MoneyGram policies and expectations, as well as regulatory requirements. The incumbent will also be tasked with proposing corrective action measures to mitigate any risks identified throughout the execution of their tasks. The Regional Compliance Manager will partner with in-country regulators and law enforcement bodies as applicable.
- Executes on established MoneyGram Compliance and Anti-Fraud programs, principles, standards, policy and oversight expectations within assigned territory.
- Implements policies and procedures designed to mitigate exposure and enhance compliance activities.
- Ensures program is maintained and relevant.
- Consults with internal and external experts to identify risks, best practice and expectations.
- Analyzes internal and external information to gain additional intelligence regarding emerging risk.
- Communicates policy goals for area of expertise, ensuring application across the enterprise.
- Facilitates policy, risk and control discussions with Stakeholders.
- Ensures policy objectives are met.
- Provides guidance and support to the Regional Business through participation in new product/service or channel projects.
- Provides support for Agent due diligence activities.
- Provides guidance, policy interpretation and support to Agents within the region.
- Actively participates in management discussions on risk.
- Participates in governance and risk committee meetings as appropriate.
- Provides content messaging for new policies as rolled out.
- Ensures training materials are in-line with policy expectations.
- Provides Agent and employee training.
- Liaisons with regulators, law enforcement and industry members.
- Participates in industry councils and associations.
- Analyzes impacts of proposed regulation and drafts associated position papers.
- Represents MoneyGram’s Compliance Program to external audiences, including Agents and banking partners.
- May provide daily direction, clarity and guidance to staff regarding Compliance activities, issues, laws and regulations.
- Ensures staff is well trained and knowledgeable on AML/CTF compliance, fraud prevention and detection, international standards, as well as various requirements.
- Communicates with MoneyGram’s Senior Compliance and Sales Management on issues of agent risk, advising on risk mitigation, agent restrictions and terminations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- CAMS, preferred.
- 5+ years’ work experience as a subject matter expert in Compliance or Fraud Prevention within the financial services industry.
- Working knowledge of European
Belgian AML Directives/Regulations as well as PSD Directives and regulations.
- Ability to operate multi-nationally with regulators, law enforcement, business partners and Agents.
- Ability to work in a self-directed and remote environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of MoneyGram's business practices, organizational structure and general policies and procedures, preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to draft clear and professional correspondence and other documents of a legal, compliance and business nature.
- Excellent analysis and problem solving skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to resolve customer complaints.
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately work with confidential information.
- Ability to facilitate the collection of information through interviews, meetings etc.
- Ability to articulate and convey complex, conceptual information to various audiences verbally and in writing.
- Proven ability to employ tact and to appropriately adjust communications when interacting with individuals at varying levels.
- Experience in communicating with regulators and law enforcement agencies.
- Experience in public speaking and making clear and persuasive business presentations.
- Excellent demonstrated organizational skills, including time management, record keeping, self-scheduling, and follow-up.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to act independently.
- Fluency in English and French OR Flemish.