As a member of the Sales team, you will contribute to our global revenue strategy and build partnerships with key business targets. Being a part of the ever-evolving remittance industry, you will be able to creatively evaluate emerging technologies and solutions to improve the customer experience. You will have the chance to broadly impact a multi-cultural business environment while growing professionally.
Business Development Manager
What are the qualifications that will help you achieve success at MoneyGram?
- Growth Mindset
- Reltionship expertise
“Working at MoneyGram is never a dull moment. Since the moment I get up in the morning until the end of the day I am constantly creating and developing new ideas to reach my goals. It’s a positive high energy environment that drives me to constantly reach for excellence.”-Manny Montes, Partnership Development Manager (Sales)
“When I moved to this country I started to work in the money transfer industry and loved it. I decided that if I was going to stay in this line of business and become the best in this industry, then I needed to work with the best in the industry, and that is MoneyGram.”-Glenda Lee Nazario, Sales & Account Manager
“My favorite part is the opportunity I have of learning something new every day, by interacting with people with different backgrounds and cultures.”-Rosa A. Del Valle, Sales & Account Manager
“I believed in the brand recognition of MoneyGram. It’s a household name. In general, people like familiar brand and they stick to their brand.”-Froilan Ong, Corridor Development Manager
“I am an immigrant living the American Dream, residing in New York. I have 17 years of business development experience in the Remittance industry which helps to maintain the connection with family and friends by supporting their financial needs through money transfer. MoneyGram International has given me the opportunity to use my expertise and knowledge in building and maintaining working relationships within the diverse communities across North America.”-Leal Daniel, Business Development Manager
MoneyGram supports ongoing professional development through continued education and on-the-job experience.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Manager to join us in Bucharest. As the Business Development Manager you will be responsible for developing and growing the business relationship within MoneyGram’s Key Partnerships across primarily the Balkans. This role will include communicating with several key contacts within multiple departments of each assigned Agent. The position is responsible for forecasting and growing all products to maximize volume within each assigned Agent and will work with the Director in negotiating existing and new agent contracts and up selling new product lines.
The Business Development Manager is the primary contact within MoneyGram to manage day to day activities and in developing long term strategies to increase volume. The Business Development Manager is also responsible for leading cross-organizational departments to ensure quality end-to-end servicing, training and installation of new products, and ramp up of volume to meet projected forecasts. This position will serve as a Project Manager to lead key initiatives and to ensure objectives and timelines are achieved with respect to our Agents. Knowledge of any of the Balkans’ languages especially Serbian and Bulgarian would be very useful. Please note that some travel will be required across your assigned region.
- Manages day-to-day communications and operations within multiple departments.
- Accountable for all internal activities and external strategies within the assigned agents.
- Ensures daily communication and support is achieved for each assigned agent.
- Builds long term relationship with our assigned agents.
- Identifies areas of growth within respective agents.
- Analyses agent volume and corridor data.
- Understands geographic impact of agent locations.
- Develops strategies to capitalize on all identified opportunities to maximize customer revenue contribution.
- Works directly with assigned Marketing Manager to develop mutually agreed marketing plans for each agent that maximizes the impact of the allocated marketing budget.
- Prepares and presents agent business reviews.
- Coordinates information to support objectives for each business review.
- Understands the audience and presents information that will be pertinent to their needs and/or will support a case to influence business decisions.
- Serves as Project Manager for the rollout of all new products and equipment to new or existing agents.
- Communicates new business processes or changes to existing processes.
- Provides communication on new product functionality and/or software roadmaps and enhancements.
- Manages daily and long-term agent issues and concerns.
- Brings together appropriate resources to resolve issues before they impact transaction volume and revenue.
- Participates with internal training programs & meetings on new processes as they impact our business and agents. This includes ongoing individual training to enhance personal skills and career development.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of related Account Management experience.
- Proven leadership and project management skills, ability to lead cross organizational teams and to delegate responsibilities.
- Solutions-oriented when dealing with clients, team members and internal departments.
- Ability to negotiate, influence and partner with internal and external customers.
- Extensive knowledge of account management and customer service strategies.
- Proven organizational and time management skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Must be highly responsive in meeting agent’s need’s and timelines.
- Strong relationship management skills with both internal and external customers.
- Display professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to resolve conflicts and work under pressure.
- Must be able to perform independently and collaborate as part of a team.
- Proficient in MS Office Applications especially Excel.
- Background in financial services, preferred.
- Working knowledge of IS systems, preferred.
- Some project management experience would be useful.
- Fluent English is essential. Knowledge of any of the Balkans’ languages especially Serbian and Bulgarian would be very useful.