The Facilities Manager is responsible for managing the operational delivery of all facilities maintenance activities. The incumbent is responsible for managing the delivery of new locations while providing an efficient, safe, and secure work environment. Meets corporate space planning standards and cost objectives. The incumbent also ensures that all health, safety, and code requirements are managed and met. Ensures that the values of the properties are maximized. The Facilities Mgr acts in the best interest of the Company to maintain and develop the agreed services which support and improve the effectiveness of the business.
- Ensures suitable service level agreements are in place and adhered to for locations managed and leverage suppliers where appropriate.
- Ensures prompt payment of relevant invoices.
- Acts as the facilities maintenance contact and on-site coordinator for office relocation, refurbishment and expansions as required to support the business.
- Works closely with the relevant offices/ local teams to fully understand the key objectives of service delivery for the internal client.
- Manages relationships with internal stakeholders and supports all functions in the organization.
- Orders and delivers copy paper as required.
- Provides relevant leasing information to the Head of Global Facilities and Head of Facilities as required.
- Ensures all costs are effectively budgeted for and managed as part of the monthly, quarterly and annual budget and forecast processes.
- Develops and forecasts annual operating budgets as required.
- Liaisons with landlord, internal stakeholders, and 3rd party supply partners to ensure the timely delivery of the property portfolio and changes as required.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent experience in a relevant discipline.
- Holds professional membership of an appropriate professional organization.
- 5+ years of experience working within a Facility Maintenance and Operations environment.
- 3+ years’ supervisor experience.
- Experience working in a large corporation setting.
- Knowledge of commercial contracts and experience in managing agreed service level within budget.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including communicating with general employees, Executive Administrative Assistants and top management.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to manage projects as required; with a good knowledge of building services and construction principles.
- Financial experience, forecasting, planning and controlling costs.
- MS Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project.
- AutoCAD experience preferred, but not required.
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView All Jobs