MoneyGram is a financial connection for friends and family. Each employee plays a part in helping the world transfer nearly $600 billion each year for everything from life’s essentials, to emergency needs and even savings. Our multicultural company operates in more than 200 countries and territories throughout the globe and provides challenging and rewarding opportunities for all employees. At MoneyGram, we encourage and embolden the entire team to use innovation to enhance our culture, company, products and the communities where we live and work. Connect with us via social media and learn more about MoneyGram, our Foundation and our customers.
At MoneyGram, we act with integrity, treat each other with respect and are committed to our company growth as well as to enabling personal and professional growth. These values are the underpinning of our company culture and the essence of who we are as a collective organization of individuals.
Director of Tax Planning
Job ID 17010802
Date posted 5/18/ 2017
Director of Tax Planning - (17010802)
Reporting to the Head of Tax, the Director of Tax Planning is responsible for research, planning and implementation of tax projects primarily related to international tax matters, proper tax reporting of transactional results in the financial statements and tax returns, special projects, and audit defense.
- Masters of Taxation, Masters of Accountancy, MBA, or JD.
- CPA or similar certification required.
- Seeking an experienced Manager through Senior Manager level individual with 7-12 years of tax planning, Big 4, or combination with equivalent industry experience.
- Exposure to complex transactions and legal entity structures with significant U.S. international tax knowledge.
- Successful track record of working in a dynamic, fast-paced and changing environment that is results oriented and collaborative.
- Willingness to “roll up the sleeves” to manage priorities.
- Leadership/management experience.
- Conversant in complex legal, tax, accounting and operating structures.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate complex tax issues to executives and other departments.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Effective analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Project management skills and ability to prioritize and handle multiple issues and projects concurrently.
- Strong international and domestic taxation experience – compliance, research, planning, forecasting, and accounting.
- Working knowledge of U.S. state and local taxation and non-U.S. tax concepts.
Primary Location Dallas-Texas-United States of America
US_Corp_Dallas_2828 N. Harwood
2828 N Harwood St 15th Floor
Job Posting May 18, 2017
Why join MoneyGram International?
Not only are we one of the largest money transfer companies in the world, with agents in more than 200 countries and territories, we are industry innovators and game-changers. We continue to outperform our competition in a dynamic industry that moves $600 billion - and growing - around the world each year.
Though we have a large global reach, we maintain a fairly small team of approximately 2,500 employees, which means that each one of our team members plays a meaningful role in our success. MoneyGram is an equal opportunity employer, and we're focused on building our diverse and inclusive teams with top global talent to help us accomplish our goals.