As a member of the Sales team, you will contribute to our global revenue strategy and build partnerships with key business targets. Being a part of the ever-evolving remittance industry, you will be able to creatively evaluate emerging technologies and solutions to improve the customer experience. You will have the chance to broadly impact a multi-cultural business environment while growing professionally.
Sales & Account Manager III
What are the qualifications that will help you achieve success at MoneyGram?
- Growth Mindset
- Reltionship expertise
“Working at MoneyGram is never a dull moment. Since the moment I get up in the morning until the end of the day I am constantly creating and developing new ideas to reach my goals. It’s a positive high energy environment that drives me to constantly reach for excellence.”-Manny Montes, Partnership Development Manager (Sales)
“When I moved to this country I started to work in the money transfer industry and loved it. I decided that if I was going to stay in this line of business and become the best in this industry, then I needed to work with the best in the industry, and that is MoneyGram.”-Glenda Lee Nazario, Sales & Account Manager
“My favorite part is the opportunity I have of learning something new every day, by interacting with people with different backgrounds and cultures.”-Rosa A. Del Valle, Sales & Account Manager
“I believed in the brand recognition of MoneyGram. It’s a household name. In general, people like familiar brand and they stick to their brand.”-Froilan Ong, Corridor Development Manager
“I am an immigrant living the American Dream, residing in New York. I have 17 years of business development experience in the Remittance industry which helps to maintain the connection with family and friends by supporting their financial needs through money transfer. MoneyGram International has given me the opportunity to use my expertise and knowledge in building and maintaining working relationships within the diverse communities across North America.”-Leal Daniel, Business Development Manager
Paid Time Off
Paid Maternity Leave
Employee Assistance Program
Money Transfer Fee Reimbursement
Community Service Days
Business Travel Accident Insurance
MoneyGram supports ongoing professional development through continued education and on-the-job experience.
The Sales and Account Manager III is responsible for leading market development and new strategic sales (independent and small chain, retail store fronts) in an assigned territory. The position is responsible for professionally promoting all MoneyGram products to new and existing retail establishments with the goal of achieving sales growth in their respective territories. The Sales and Account Manager III is also responsible for developing and executing sales plans, coordinate efforts with territory partners in a team environment, accurately complete routine reports and be compliant with regulatory and company guidelines.
- Generates leads and calls on prospects to drive strategic new business signings.
- Sales focus will be strategic with focus on competitive takeaways, as well as small to medium sized businesses, including; retailers, check casher, ethnic merchants and financial institutions.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of MoneyGram products and services and competitor products and services to further educate business owners and decision makers.
- Participates in tradeshows and other industry meetings as required.
- Plans and manages corridor and product (Money Orders, MoneyGram Money Transfers, Bill Payments, and prepaid Cards) strategies to drive volume growth in coordination with marketing managers, corridor managers, and product managers.
- Maintains up-to-date database to document sales call information, trends, future call objectives, sampling data and overall sales performance.
- Use all available data and reporting to identify growth opportunities within sales territory.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Any combination of relevant education and experience and/or related professional designations/certifications in this field is highly desirable.
- Minimum Required: BA/BS degree in related field preferred or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years' experience in a field sales role, selling, and servicing retail customers.
- Demonstrated expertise in independently planning, managing and executing sales strategies.
- Proven track record in sales, with a demonstrated ability to increase network expansion/volumes.
- Demonstrated experience in building and maintaining customer/client relationships and identifying opportunities to improve business success for both parties.
- Prior exposure in presenting product/service opportunities to clients/customers.
- First class interpersonal skills, able to build and maintain credible relationships with Agents in person and over the telephone.
- Strong presentation skills; ability to present to prospective Agents in a professional format.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to prioritize own workload and liaison with a geographically dispersed team.
- Excellent problem solving skills; able to effectively and proactively identify and analyze problems and find appropriate solutions.
- Commercial acumen; able to work with key business partners to maximize business capacity for all parties.
- Able to work in a culturally diverse environment and be sensitive to cultural differences.
- Fluent in both written and spoken in local language. Fluency in English / Spanish preferred.
- Computer literate - able to use Microsoft suite of packages.