SCCM - Desktop EngineerApply
The IT Engineer III will support MoneyGram's customers, stakeholders, partners, staff and overall business strategy through the servicing and management of its technological resources. The incumbent will participate in projects, and create/maintain documentation for use by engineers and operations teams. The incumbent will also work with other engineers to design and build environments to proper standards with associated documentation and processes, while also serving as a level of escalation by assisting Operations team(s) who support the environments.
- Designs and builds technology environments to proper standards with associated documentation and processes and aligned to business requirements. This includes leading and managing projects in adherence with the PMO framework, participating in vendor management, creating/maintaining documentation, and helping to create standards and documentation.
- Develops and reports metrics and KPIs as appropriate.
- Gathers requirements from end-users and other key stakeholders to ensure that existing and new technology solutions are in alignment with business needs and Enterprise Architecture defined technology capabilities.
- Partners with Enterprise Architects to determine future needs; participate in planning sessions with Technology Lifecycle Managers to determine how to meet future requirements.
- Utilizes best practice for how products should be prepared before they are released to production.
- Within this process, Engineers are accountable for working with Operations and defining installation, configuration, and provision processes and standards, as well as types of instrumentation required to administer, monitor performance, and troubleshoot problems all with stability in mind.
- Maintenance and patching of vendor supplied systems.
- Partners with Application Development teams on common projects and goals. This may include, but not limited to: deployment and management of appropriate components through the SDM lifecycle, optimization for specific platforms and physical configurations, performance tuning, and oversight of deployment into each environment.
- Assists IT Operations to analyze data related to supported systems (including critical events), and make recommendations.
- Provides on-call support as an escalation point from level 2 Operations teams or in SEV1 situations. Performs other duties as assigned.
Any combination of relevant education and experience and/or related professional designations/certifications in this field is highly desirable.
- Bachelors' degree, preferred
- 5-7 years' IT Operations and/or Engineering experience with increasing levels of responsibility.
- 5-7 years' proven customer service experience, and must communicate clearly, courteously and professionally in person and over the phone.
- Excellent problem solving skills and broad understanding of relationships between hardware and applications, and client/server relationships.
- In-depth understanding of the criticality of existing environments when leading/managing projects, software and/or hardware as it relates to the business needs, customers, partners and staff.
- Knowledge of the inputs and outputs associated with the data, software and/or hardware technology.
- In depth knowledge of the technology this position represents, including all aspects/activities required to maintain system stability and optimal performance.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical personnel.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Availability to participate in on-call support as an escalation point from IT Operations or in high-severity incident situations.
Additional Required Skills
· Expert Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) Administration Experience
· Proficient SCCM Patch Release Management, Software Update Deployment Experience (WSUS)
· Proficient SCCM Query and Report Creation Experience
· Proficient SCCM Software Application Unattended Deployment Experience
· Proficient Windows 10 Image/Driver/Build Management Experience using SCCM
· Proficient Visual Basic, PowerShell or WMI Scripting Language Experience
Additional Preferred Skills
· Proficient Microsoft Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (ADK)
· Proficient Managing Internet Explorer 11 using Enterprise Mode and Enhanced Protected Mode
· Microsoft Office 365 (O365) Administration
· Microsoft Intune or VMware AirWatch Administration for Cloud/Mobile Device Management (MDM)
· Proficient Deploy App-V virtual applications with SCCM
· Working knowledge of Windows Server Administration (IIS, File and Storage Services, DFS, WDS, WSUS)
· Working knowledge client operating systems such as WinPE, Windows 7, Windows 10, iOS, Android, MacOS
· Apple MacOS Device Administration Tool Experience (Jamf/AirWatch)
· Active Directory Group Policy Administration of Windows Desktop Client Configurations
· Non-Microsoft Desktop Software Administration Experience such as Chrome, Java, Flash, Shockwave, FireFox
Preferred Technical Certification
· Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist - Administering and Deploying System Center 2012 Configuration Manager
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView All Jobs