Senior IT AuditorApply
At MoneyGram, a technology-driven financial services company, the role of an IT Auditor is especially important to provide senior management and the board with assurance that the IT systems have appropriately designed and operating controls in place. The Senior IT Auditor is accountable for leading and/or conducting Sarbanes-Oxley compliance testing, contributing to operational, compliance, and IT audit projects, and providing consulting services to the organization's management and staff. The role is responsible for identifying technology risks, and independently evaluating the efficiency, design, and effectiveness of information technology controls, including security and internal controls. Maintains all organizational and professional ethical standards and executes work in accordance to IIA IPPF and ISACA standards. Works independently under general supervision with considerable latitude for initiative and independent judgment. This role has two main responsibilities: full-fledged audits and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, including performing IT walkthroughs and executing tests of operating effectiveness. The incumbent will also be required to keep abreast of emerging technologies and provide recommendations where necessary.
- Partners with IT GRC, IT, and external auditors to evaluate IT general control design, implementation, and operating effectiveness in support of Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Performs walkthroughs with management and designs and executes tests of application controls and IPE for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Able to independently lead entire audits with support from the IT Audit Manager. Prepares reports for a board level and executive management audience. Contributes to development of the audit scope, objectives, and work programs for assignments including planned internal IT audits and other projects. This includes the identification of processes to consider within audits, drafting planning documentation, the identification of key controls, the selection of appropriate audit tests, completion of high quality audit working papers, identifying exceptions and root causes, drafting audit issues, and drafting the audit report.
- Performs and documents IT audit test procedures under direction of IT Audit Manager in accordance with departmental procedures. Updates documentation within the TeamMate audit management software. Reports and communicates feedback and issues to the IT Audit Senior Manager and IT management as needed.
- Participates in audits and consulting engagements related to technology platforms (including Windows, Linux, Unix, Mainframe), systems development lifecycle (including Agile methodology), mainframe batch and real-time processing, networking, database and data warehouse architecture, technology strategy, disaster recovery, data communication, cyber security, and emerging technologies (cloud, mobile, blockchain, etc.).
- Provides assistance to the IT Audit Senior Manager, IT Audit Manager, and Audit Data Analyst as needed.
- BA/BS in Management Information Systems, Finance or Accounting, Masters or other advanced degree in related areas is a strong plus CISA, CISSP, and/or CISM or equivalent certification (CPA and/or CIA are a strong plus)
- 5+ years of audit experience, with at least 3 years in IT Audit, in public accounting and/or audit departments for public companies, preferably gained within a regulated financial services environment
- Knowledge of COBIT, ISO, NIST frameworks.
- Experience auditing mainframe and Oracle and/or other ERP systems.
- High level of proficiency in information technology control concepts, information security, and systems development methodologies, preferred.
- Proven understanding of IT and business processes and internal controls.
- Deep understanding and business knowledge surrounding area of responsibility.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining composure and effectiveness.
- Data Analytics skills and experience with IDEA are a plus.
- Interest in blockchain technology and other emerging technology risks.
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView All Jobs