Senior Legal Counsel AML/BSA ComplianceApply
The Senior Legal Counsel provides advice and assistance to corporate management, the Associate General Counsel, and others in managing the daily issues that have a legal impact on the MoneyGram business. The incumbent will be responsible for providing comprehensive regulatory legal advice for the U.S. and Canada to designated business development teams and corporate business units where appropriate. The incumbent will also provide indirect or direct supervision to Legal Specialists, Administrative Assistants, and/or lower level Legal Counsels.
- Advises the business on legal and regulatory matters, in conjunction with outside counsel, in relation to the provision of MoneyGram services in each of its applicable jurisdictions.
· Reviews and provides legal regulatory advice on the design and roll-out of new products and the development of new distribution channels.
· Acts as a point of contact to the compliance and business employees on legal inquiries involving U.S. state licensing, legislative activity, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and Reg. E issues, escheatment, and BSA/AML/CFT compliance matters. Escalates issues to Associate General Counsel as necessary.
· Instructs and manages consultants/outside counsel in numerous jurisdictions as directed by line manager or General Counsel.
- Collaborates closely with the Compliance department in ensuring the provision of MoneyGram services are made in accordance with Anti-Money Laundering requirements in the U.S. and Canada.
- Assists with the management of litigation processes related to BSA/AML/OFAC/Dodd-Frank laws and regulations and liaisons with outside counsel as required.
- May assist in the development of internal policies, procedures, best practices and compilation of precedents and know how.
· Performs legal research and drafts memoranda
- Addresses any other general or ad-hoc legal regulatory queries/projects from internal business stakeholders as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Appropriate legal qualification and admission to practice law in relevant jurisdiction.
- 7+ years’ experience functioning as an attorney in a law firm or as in-house legal counsel.
- 2+ years of experience supervising legal support staff or investigators, demonstrating a strong ability to effectively motivate and manage performance.
- Experience with and knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, Dodd-Frank, AML/CTF, and Anti-Fraud programs.
- Independent thinking skills.
- Ability to effectively handle conflict and stressful situations.
- Strong organizational skills – demonstrated ability to handle multiple and changing tasks simultaneously.
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills – able to influence and persuade in decision making processes both internally and externally.
- Ability to work with key business partners and put legal analysis in its proper commercial context in order to maximize business results for all parties.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a collegial team with some direct supervision, within company guidelines and department policies.
- Ability to draft clear, professional and legally robust correspondence, contractual documentation, policies and other documentation.
- Ability to build and maintain good relationships both internally and externally at all levels.
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse and changing environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and/or sensitive business information.
- Excellent understanding of the Company’s business with the ability to develop legal strategies to advance Company goals and objectives.
- Proven ability to effectively engage and manage outside counsel.
- Proficient in Microsoft suite of packages - Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Experience in cross-border transactions and financial services regulations would be advantageous.
- Fluency in a second language would be advantageous.
- Experience prosecuting money laundering and/or financial crime cases would be advantageous.
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView All Jobs