Sr Regional Compliance Officer
Dallas, Texas; Miami, Florida; Frisco, Texas
A Compliance Analyst (CA) at MoneyGram holds the key to the safety and security of the business. Once selected, the CA will identify, research, and report suspicious activity. The best person for this job will provide recommendations of suspicious findings and notify all appropriate parties. Risk management is of upmost importance at MoneyGram, and this role is a crucial part of the team.
What are the qualifications that will help you achieve success at MoneyGram?
“MoneyGram offers a fast-paced and culturally diverse environment in which employees are empowered to use their analytical skills to mitigate potential risk. The Financial Intelligence Unit leadership team creates a warm, positive, and supportive setting for analysts to thrive.”Binita Sawhney, Compliance Analyst III, 5310 Global Back Office (U.S.)
“The MoneyGram FIU culture is positive and encourages collaboration and a positive work environment. Management is open and supportive and there are plenty of opportunities for career growth as a Compliance Analyst in the FIU.”Ann Barrett, Compliance Analyst III, 5308 Financial Intelligence Unit (U.S.)
“When a colleague of mine joined MoneyGram, I thought it was a great place to work at. The multi-cultural working environment is a great experience, especially in an open-space office. I appreciate meeting and working with people from all over the world. Getting to know different cultures and trying to understand them broadens your horizons, if you keep an open mind.
I have been with the company for over a year now and I am pleased to be a part of it. Recently, I have changed my role in the compliance department and I am learning something new everyday. I see challenges as opportunities for progress and my duties never keep me bored.
When I was an English teacher, before I began my AML experience, I enjoyed working with people, having impact on their lives and feeling that what I did mattered. I found a similar feeling here, at MG, where just by looking at the data you can sometimes see real life stories. Helping fraud victims (It could have been your grandma who got scammed) and reporting the bad guys are definitely rewarding. I enjoy working at MG, I like the people I work with and generally, I like my job. It's an environment I would recommend to everyone.”Marcin Banaszek - Compliance Analyst II, Transaction Monitoring (Poland)
“I first knew about MoneyGram after moving from Egypt with my wife and 4 years old daughter, from a friend who had just joined MoneyGram few days earlier. seeking for new start and a challenge, I applied. It was clear from the first day during the recruitment processes that I was dealing with not only professionals but as well friendly community.
Once I joined the vibe was high, new colleagues from all over the world, different cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. All working helping each other with the workload and sharing the nice moments and building new friendships.
It is the Diversity, respect to each other, the acceptance, the team work spirit which makes MoneyGram the perfect place to innovate and grow. Proud to be member of this family.”Ahmed Khalil -Due Dilligence Analyst II (Poland)
Global Partner Compliance Policy
MoneyGram agents and other non-agent distribution channels are important partners that offer money transfers and other services to our customers.
See Policy >
Report Illegal & Unusual Activity
MoneyGram is committed to a strong compliance program, and to preventing and stopping fraud to protect our customers and business partners.
Learn More >
We offer competitive benefit packages that are specific to each country where we have employees.
Excellent company match with immediate 100 percent vesting.
Paid Time Off
Generous PTO with holiday pay.
Work/ Life Balance
Our employees are the reason for our success, so we offer a healthy work-life balance.
Work in the heart of the Dallas / Fort Worth area.
MoneyGram supports ongoing professional development through continued education and on-the-job experience.
The Senior Regional Compliance Officer is responsible for working directly with the most complex and large volume business partners of MoneyGram within the territory assigned. The incumbent is a primary compliance resource with responsibilities of: measuring Agents' Compliance and Anti-Fraud programs (on-site); driving training and awareness initiatives, and providing guidance and support to Agents. The Senior Regional Compliance Officer will be responsible for helping drive Agents to implement or enhance compliance and anti-fraud policies and procedures and assist in the development of Compliance and Anti-Fraud programs, as required. The incumbent will partner and liaison with business unit representatives to ensure Agent policies and controls are practical, efficient and workable; captures MoneyGram policies and expectations, as well as regulatory requirements. The incumbent will also be tasked with proposing corrective action measures to mitigate any risks identified throughout the execution of tasks. The Senior Regional Compliance Officer will also have responsibilities to liaison with in-country regulators and law enforcement bodies as applicable.
- Executes on established enterprise compliance programs, principles, standards, policy and oversight expectations within the assigned territory.
- Execution includes the review of Key Account policies and controls, documentation of the reviews, and remedial actions with Key Account personnel, if applicable.
- Implements policies and procedures designed to mitigate exposure and enhance compliance activities.
- Ensures program is maintained and relevant.
- Consults with internal and external experts to identify risks, best practice and expectations.
- Analyzes internal and external information to gain additional intelligence regarding emerging risk.
- Communicates policy goals for area of expertise, ensuring application across the enterprise.
- Facilitates policy, risk and control discussions with Key Accounts.
- Ensures policy objectives are met.
- Communicates MoneyGram policy to Key Accounts within territory of responsibility.
- Provides Key Account employee training.
- Identifies opportunities to improve MoneyGram training and education methods and materials.
- Participates in the development and maintenance of compliance training materials.
- Provides guidance and support to the Regional business through participation in new product/service or channel projects.
- Provides support for agent due diligence activities.
- Provides guidance, policy interpretation and support to agents within territory.
- Actively participates in management discussions on risk.
- Participates in governance and risk committee meetings as appropriate.
- Participates in industry councils and associations. Represents MoneyGram's Compliance Program to external audiences, including agents and banking partners.
- Provides content messaging for new policies as rolled out.
- Ensures training materials are in-line with policy expectations.
- Provides agent and employee training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Any combination of relevant education and experience and/or related professional designations/certifications in this field is highly desirable.
- Minimum Required: Post-secondary degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 5-7 years' work experience as a subject matter expert in compliance in a banking or financial services environment.
- Working knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act and AML Regulations, USA Patriot Act, Office of Foreign Assets Control (strongly preferred outside of US; required US).
- Ability to operate multi-nationally with internal business partners and Agents.
- Ability to work in a self-directed and remote environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of the MoneyGram's business practices, organizational structure and general policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to draft clear and professional correspondence and other documents of a legal, compliance and business nature.
- Excellent analysis and problem solving skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to resolve customer complaints.
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately work with confidential information.
- Ability to facilitate the collection of information through interviews, meetings etc.
- Ability to articulate and convey complex, conceptual information to various audiences verbally and in writing.
- Experience communicating with regulators and law enforcement agencies.
- Experience in public speaking and making clear and persuasive business presentations.
- Excellent demonstrated organizational skills, including time management, record keeping, self-scheduling, and follow-up.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to act independently.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Additional language skills (as appropriate to the region).