Strategic Sourcing ManagerApply
The Strategic Sourcing Mgr is responsible for overseeing strategic sourcing and procurement activities for Information Technology as well as supporting general category analysis. This position will be required to develop and execute sourcing activities on an ongoing basis in order to maximize value, cost savings, and mitigate risk for the company.
- Oversees, manages, and conducts the end-to-end strategic sourcing and procurement processes for assigned category.
- Provides thought leadership and innovative strategies for optimizing sourcing effectiveness within assigned category.
- Coordinates with business units to standardize corporate-wide product specifications and implement long-term- strategic goals to continually enhance company market position.
- Conducts market research and analysis to identify new opportunities and make recommendations to management.
- Leads cross-functional teams to analyze demand, establish specifications, processes, policies, and procedures to manage demand for assigned categories.
- Designs, leads and/or manages preparation and evaluation of e/RFx. Reviews bids, conducts supplier analysis, screens suppliers, builds evaluation and selection criteria.
- Designs, proposes, and discuss negotiation strategies with leadership team.
- Performs standard negotiations and manage selection of key suppliers.
- Oversees and/or manages roll-out of compliant contract implementations and processes.
- Actively monitors supplier performance against contracts, industry benchmarks and previous baselines on a regular basis.
- Establishes strong supplier relationships.
- Oversees, executes, and monitors procurement of category goods and services as required.
- Tracks and reports on performance metrics.
- Designated category knowledge will be specified in position posting based on GPS staffing needs in one the following areas technology/labor, Marketing/Human Resources/Legal, or Corporate Services/Facilities/Finance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years’ experience in strategic sourcing and category area.
- 5+ years’ experience formally or informally supervising others.
- Ability to provide strategic direction for team and execute strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to lead project teams.
- Strong negotiating ability demonstrated through successful completion of supplier negotiations.
- Knowledge and experience with strategic sourcing methodology, supplier relationship management, and specific category expertise.
- Strong analytical, financial analysis and strategic thinking/logical reasoning ability Ability to draw insights from sourcing data, builds pricing models, and analyze/interpret commercial proposals.
- Ability to analyze markets, suppliers, industry value chain, and key supply chain and supplier cost drivers.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. Ability to prepare executive level presentations/ communications.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with business unit leaders throughout the organization to enable successful translation and execution of business objectives.
- Must be self-driven and able to maintain focus on issues and escalate as necessary.
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView All Jobs