The Manager Pricing will report to the Head of Pricing and is responsible for providing revenue and margin focused pricing analysis and KPI generation. This role will utilize analytical and commercial insight to provide data-led pricing recommendations. Partnering with both the Regional Finance Heads and the Regional Sales Leaders, the key ultimate objective is to help determine a course of action that will strengthen MoneyGram’s customer acquisition and ultimately lead to sustainable revenue growth. The Manager will be responsible for leading and developing a team of pricing analysts.
- Ensures team create and maintain strong partnerships with the Regional Sales and FP&A, producing financial business cases for pricing changes.
- Facilitates channel & regional reviews of performance relative to pricing positions throughout their markets.
- Pricing positions are inclusive of total customer cost which includes both Fee and Foreign Exchange costs.
- Conducts and chairs regular pricing meeting to communicate pricing projects and initiatives.
- Performs and manages the creation of in-depth pricing reviews by country and propose recommendations to revenue leads.
- Coordinates, monitors and reviews channel specific pricing and marketing investment planning pipeline.
- Presents and facilitates accurate, timely and consistent financial business cases for approval, ensuring rationale that is commercially clear inclusive of various sensitivity options.
- Prepares and reviews periodic look-back analysis and report to the business on business case performance post-implementation of pricing changes.
- Conducts pricing and financial analysis, where applicable.
- Monitors and tracks foreign currencies and FX margin positions for key corridors while highlighting, recommending and facilitating necessary changes including approvals.
- Ensures that regional teams are educated regarding pricing responsibility and adherence of the pricing framework.
- Provides adhoc financials analysis and support where needed.
- Provides independent pricing advice and challenge the status quo; become a trusted business partner.
- Provides timely suite of globally consistent standard KPIs and reports.
- Develops deep insights across all elements of the MoneyGram business (product, channel, fee type) - from analysis through to scenario modeling and business recommendations.
- Assess internal/external factors that may influence customer usage and key metrics, particularly regarding the competitive landscape.
- Works with regional agents and online sources to gather, review and analyze competitive intelligence to be used in information-based pricing decisions.
- Analyzes & reports impact of strategic pricing initiatives (particularly channel and product investments) to ensure that lessons are adequately learned and results systematically captured.
- Provides performance measurement and insight into key business drivers.
- Communicates results, trends and insights on a timely basis.
- Drives efficiencies through standardization and simplification, and forge links with other teams.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree (ideally Finance).
- CPA/ACA/ACCA/CIMA a plus.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in pricing, finance and analysis.
- Prior experience in a management role.
- Ability to lead, motivate and develop a small team of analysts.
- Proven ability in clearly defining a problem, collating the required information, analyzing the results and synthesizing a compelling argument.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, project management skills desirable, with attention to detail and an enquiring disposition towards taking ownership business areas where required.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint, as well as experience with Essbase and Congo’s.
- Experience analyzing data from databases and applying statistical and analytical techniques.
- Proven communication and presentations skills, being able to share and clearly explain business insight, findings and judgement to Senior Management is a must.
- Ability to understand key financial levers and institute operational processes to optimize performance.
- Endless curiosity to find the truth and blend ‘art with science’ in analysis.
- Confident, with solid judgment skills, and high energy to work in a challenging environment.
- Solution driven with the willingness and ability to implement innovative ideas and improve working methodologies. Confidence to challenge the status quo.
- Some experience will have been gained within a blue chip global organization.
- Exposure to operating within a fast paced/high growth environment will also be important.
- Experience will ideally have included an international focus at some stage.
- Fluency in English is a requirement; additional European languages are a big plus.
- Ability to commit to and demonstrate the Corporate Values: Respect, Courage, Passion, Integrity and Teamwork.
- Ability to deliver under pressure and tight deadlines while engaging in effective dialogue aimed at delivering results.
- Ability to delegate work assignments, empower others and gives authority to work independently, set expectations and monitor delegated activities.
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView All Jobs