The Accountant II is responsible for performing account reconciliations and journal entries in accordance with established policies and procedures to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting. The incumbent will coordinate with other functional areas to gather required information and resolve questions or variances. Additionally, the incumbent will also be responsible for ensuring compliance of internal control processes.
- Account Reconciliation:
- Research and resolves outstanding reconciliation items in a timely manner.
- Reports and escalates issues appropriately and timely.
- General Accounting:
- Completes daily and monthly journal entries in an accurate and timely manner.
- Supports requests for information from internal management.
- Performs monthly balance sheet analysis on variances as assigned.
- Documents processes and procedures.
- Audit and SOX:
- Creates audit schedules for internal and external auditors as requested.
- Coordinates with operations, finance and/or other groups to answer audit questions.
- Ensures SOX compliance by monitoring daily and monthly documented controls.
- Documents any changes to SOX flowcharts and matrices
- Performs other tasks as assigned, such as:
- Responds to inquiries from other departments.
- Participates in projects such as system implementations
Any combination of relevant education and experience and/or related professional designations/certifications in this field is highly desirable.
- Minimum Required: Four year degree in accounting or related field
- 3-6 years' increasing accounting responsibility experience required.
- Excellent PC skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
- Experience with Oracle Financials, preferred.
- CPA, preferred.
- Strong background in multi-currency, preferred.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Flexible with working hours when deadlines require it.
- Ability to organize and manage time to meet deadlines while maintaining accuracy.
- Ability to innovate and improve processes.
- Ability to work independently and make judgments in order to minimize exposure or risk to the company.
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView All Jobs