MoneyGram’s culture of compliance means employees hold the key to the safety and security of the business. We are all part of the first line of defense in preventing criminal abuse of MoneyGram products and services. We count on everyone to report suspicious findings and protect the interest of our customers.
Applied Intelligence, Data Analytics Manager
What are the qualifications that will help you achieve success at MoneyGram?
“MoneyGram offers a fast-paced and culturally diverse environment in which employees are empowered to use their analytical skills to mitigate potential risk. The Financial Intelligence Unit leadership team creates a warm, positive, and supportive setting for analysts to thrive.”Binita Sawhney, Compliance Analyst III, 5310 Global Back Office (U.S.)
“The MoneyGram FIU culture is positive and encourages collaboration and a positive work environment. Management is open and supportive and there are plenty of opportunities for career growth as a Compliance Analyst in the FIU.”Ann Barrett, Compliance Analyst III, 5308 Financial Intelligence Unit (U.S.)
“When a colleague of mine joined MoneyGram, I thought it was a great place to work at. The multi-cultural working environment is a great experience, especially in an open-space office. I appreciate meeting and working with people from all over the world. Getting to know different cultures and trying to understand them broadens your horizons, if you keep an open mind.
I have been with the company for over a year now and I am pleased to be a part of it. Recently, I have changed my role in the compliance department and I am learning something new everyday. I see challenges as opportunities for progress and my duties never keep me bored.
When I was an English teacher, before I began my AML experience, I enjoyed working with people, having impact on their lives and feeling that what I did mattered. I found a similar feeling here, at MG, where just by looking at the data you can sometimes see real life stories. Helping fraud victims (It could have been your grandma who got scammed) and reporting the bad guys are definitely rewarding. I enjoy working at MG, I like the people I work with and generally, I like my job. It's an environment I would recommend to everyone.”Marcin Banaszek - Compliance Analyst II, Transaction Monitoring (Poland)
“I first knew about MoneyGram after moving from Egypt with my wife and 4 years old daughter, from a friend who had just joined MoneyGram few days earlier. seeking for new start and a challenge, I applied. It was clear from the first day during the recruitment processes that I was dealing with not only professionals but as well friendly community.
Once I joined the vibe was high, new colleagues from all over the world, different cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. All working helping each other with the workload and sharing the nice moments and building new friendships.
It is the Diversity, respect to each other, the acceptance, the team work spirit which makes MoneyGram the perfect place to innovate and grow. Proud to be member of this family.”Ahmed Khalil -Due Dilligence Analyst II (Poland)
Global Partner Compliance Policy
MoneyGram agents and other non-agent distribution channels are important partners that offer money transfers and other services to our customers.
See Policy >
Report Illegal & Unusual Activity
MoneyGram is committed to a strong compliance program, and to preventing and stopping fraud to protect our customers and business partners.
Learn More >
We offer competitive benefit packages that are specific to each country where we have employees.
Excellent company match with immediate 100 percent vesting.
Paid Time Off
Generous PTO with holiday pay.
Work/ Life Balance
Our employees are the reason for our success, so we offer a healthy work-life balance.
Work in the heart of the Dallas / Fort Worth area.
MoneyGram supports ongoing professional development through continued education and on-the-job experience.
The Applied Intelligence, Data Analytics Manager provides key risk management skills by performing and maintaining risk assessments for compliance to identify, analyze, and draw conclusions on inherent and residual money laundering and fraud risks for MoneyGram and suggest mitigating controls. The incumbent will analyze information to solve problems, improve decision making methods and MoneyGram compliance activities. The Applied Intelligence, Data Analytics Manager will also research public and other resources to provide fact based risk analysis.
- Conducts research and analysis of source data in connection with the creation and update of the enterprise risk assessments and related activities.
- Improves decision making and problem solving within an organization to improve operation and ultimately its bottom line.
- Monitors data sources for incoming risk elements.
- Proactively research specific issues relating to enterprise or regional compliance risk.
- Identifies and analyzes areas of potential risk to the assets, earning capacity, or success of MoneyGram.
- Identifies key risks and mitigating factors of AML/CTF, fraud and other risks factors such as: product/services, geographic, customer or operational.
- Conducts statistical analyses to quantify risk, using statistical analysis software and models; documents key risks.
- Gathers risk-related data from internal or external resources.
- Analyzes information obtained from management to conceptualize and define operational problems.
- Performs validation and testing of models to ensure adequacy and reformulate models as necessary.
- Defines data requirements and gathers and validates information, applying judgment and statistical tests.
- Studies and analyzes information about alternative courses of action to determine which plan will offer the best outcomes.
- Supports a wide range of risk analytics to develop risk assessments that effectively quantify a variety of risks including: geographic, Agent, consumer, and fraud risks.
- Performs a method for ongoing assessment and reporting of money laundering and fraud risks.
- Supports project teams through provision of guidance or assistance in the development of risk management information.
- Assists in reporting of regulatory compliance and risk management components of the AML/ATF and sanctions programs to senior management.
- Prepares management reports defining and evaluating problems and recommending solutions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Any combination of relevant education and experience and/or related professional designations/certifications in this field is highly desirable.
- Minimum Required or equivalent work experience: BA /BS degree in a quantitative field such as mathematics, statistics, quantitative finance, econometrics, engineering, computer science, or actuarial sciences
- CAMS of CFE certification within 12 months of hire
- Masters or PhD, preferred
- 7+ years of experience in the analytics or quantitative research at a leading financial services organization, consulting firm, or a leading analytic solutions provider.
- 5+ years of experience in technical model development and implementation, model validation, and/or model oversight.
- Thorough understanding and experience working with big mass analytic/big data technologies.
- Money laundering/anti-fraud compliance or risk management experience.
- Experience in any of the following areas: AML Compliance Technology, fraud detection/prevention technology, Bank Secrecy Act or anti-money laundering compliance, FATF guidance, preferred.
- Quantitative risk modeling experience strongly preferred.
- Broad understanding of the financial services sector and financial products.
- Demonstrated analytical skills � ability to find and evaluate information from internal and external sources and make sound decisions.
- Ability to summarize results and write a conclusion that is supported by evidence.
- Ability to data map and data mine.
- Strong technology skills to include SQL Server, Advanced SQL, Transact SQL or PL\SQL skills.
- Strong PC skills to include MS Excel pivot tables & V-Lookups, Word, report writers and database applications.
- Strong research skills.
- Demonstrated professional oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to draft clear, persuasive and professional letters, memos, and other legal and business correspondence and documents.
- Excellent demonstrated organizational skills, including time management, record keeping, self-scheduling, and follow-up.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Interest and ability in working both independently and highly collaboratively.