MoneyGram’s culture of compliance means employees hold the key to the safety and security of the business. We are all part of the first line of defense in preventing criminal abuse of MoneyGram products and services. We count on everyone to report suspicious findings and protect the interest of our customers.
Compliance Analyst III
What are the qualifications that will help you achieve success at MoneyGram?
- Growth Mindset
“MoneyGram offers a fast-paced and culturally diverse environment in which employees are empowered to use their analytical skills to mitigate potential risk. The Financial Intelligence Unit leadership team creates a warm, positive, and supportive setting for analysts to thrive.”Binita Sawhney, Compliance Analyst III, 5310 Global Back Office (U.S.)
“The MoneyGram FIU culture is positive and encourages collaboration and a positive work environment. Management is open and supportive and there are plenty of opportunities for career growth as a Compliance Analyst in the FIU.”Ann Barrett, Compliance Analyst III, 5308 Financial Intelligence Unit (U.S.)
“When a colleague of mine joined MoneyGram, I thought it was a great place to work at. The multi-cultural working environment is a great experience, especially in an open-space office. I appreciate meeting and working with people from all over the world. Getting to know different cultures and trying to understand them broadens your horizons, if you keep an open mind.
I have been with the company for over a year now and I am pleased to be a part of it. Recently, I have changed my role in the compliance department and I am learning something new everyday. I see challenges as opportunities for progress and my duties never keep me bored.
When I was an English teacher, before I began my AML experience, I enjoyed working with people, having impact on their lives and feeling that what I did mattered. I found a similar feeling here, at MG, where just by looking at the data you can sometimes see real life stories. Helping fraud victims (It could have been your grandma who got scammed) and reporting the bad guys are definitely rewarding. I enjoy working at MG, I like the people I work with and generally, I like my job. It's an environment I would recommend to everyone.”Marcin Banaszek - Compliance Analyst II, Transaction Monitoring (Poland)
“I first knew about MoneyGram after moving from Egypt with my wife and 4 years old daughter, from a friend who had just joined MoneyGram few days earlier. seeking for new start and a challenge, I applied. It was clear from the first day during the recruitment processes that I was dealing with not only professionals but as well friendly community.
Once I joined the vibe was high, new colleagues from all over the world, different cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. All working helping each other with the workload and sharing the nice moments and building new friendships.
It is the Diversity, respect to each other, the acceptance, the team work spirit which makes MoneyGram the perfect place to innovate and grow. Proud to be member of this family.”Ahmed Khalil -Due Dilligence Analyst II (Poland)
“In Compliance, we strive to make enhancements daily. Therefore, attending meetings with other colleagues and the Head of Compliance to discuss enhancements and solutions is a very important part of the day.
Working alongside some amazing colleagues here at MoneyGram has encouraged me to work harder. I do not just work within my job duties. My daily goal is to do more than the minimum. How can I maximize this day? Having that mind set has helped my career, I have been promoted to Supervisor of the very team in which I started as Compliance Officer II.”Krystall Smith
MoneyGram’s Compliance Program
MoneyGram works diligently to prevent its systems from being used to perpetrate any unlawful activity. We are committed to protecting our customers and preventing the use of our products or services by anyone for money laundering, fraudulent purposes, scams, terrorist financing, OFAC, other watch list or sanctions violations, and other illicit behavior.
Learn More >
Report Illegal & Unusual Activity
MoneyGram is committed to a strong compliance program, and to preventing and stopping fraud to protect our customers and business partners.
Learn More >
Paid Time Off
Paid Maternity Leave
Employee Assistance Program
Money Transfer Fee Reimbursement
Community Service Days
Business Travel Accident Insurance
MoneyGram supports ongoing professional development through continued education and on-the-job experience.
The Compliance Analyst plays a crucial role by ensuring the business operates in accordance with all legal and regulatory requirements and all group standards relating to anti-money laundering, counter financing of terrorism (AML), and fraud prevention. Additionally, the analyst is responsible for the investigation and identification of questionable activity and to report on such activity as warranted. The Compliance Analyst is expected to stay current with industry trends, fraud type trends, and to understand the operational impact to fraud losses and money laundering. This includes an in-depth knowledge of all regulatory changes and requirements related to the business.
- Review and analyze transactional data for potential suspicious activity, including those generated from an alert detection processes, subpoenas and warrants, country/corridor reviews, foreign and domestic agent matters, consumer network cases, negative media reports, as well as other sources as applicable.
- Work effectively with multiple complex data sources and/or technical analytical tools/resources to identify potentially unusual or suspicious activity as defined by AML/BSA regulations, and industry best practices for AML/BSA analysis. This includes (but is not limited to):
- Identifies, researches, and reports suspicious activity.
- Manages the investigative process from initial detection to disposition and filing.
- Thoroughly and timely reviews reports and other investigative leads that potentially identify suspicious activity.
- Formulates and recommends responses to potentially suspicious findings, reports such activity to the appropriate regulatory authorities, and supports MoneyGram’s forward-looking risk-mitigation response.
- Completes all investigation outputs, which may include regulatory filing and other mitigation actions within required service level agreement (SLA) timelines.
- Actively support managers, supervisors, and senior analysts with moderately complex AML/Fraud investigations, while coordinating with team members and other departments to determine the proper course of action in handling potentially suspicious activity as required by applicable global regulatory, law enforcement or, Financial Intelligence Units.
- Write and file Suspicious Activity Reports and apply appropriate risk mitigation measures, while ensuring appropriate documentation of all research and analysis is conducted in accordance with applicable recordkeeping guidelines.
- Liaise with various internal departments as necessary.
- Work and contribute in a team-oriented and collaborative environment to improve the analytical and reporting processes.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- BA /BS in business, finance, law enforcement, legal studies, or a related field; may be substituted with equivalent work experience in Financial Services, Law Enforcement, Banking, or a related field.
- Any combination of relevant education and experience and/or related professional designations/certifications in this field is highly desirable.
- 2-5 years' experience in financial compliance investigations, Anti-Money Laundering, Fraud Prevention, or a related field.
- Investigations experience in a Money Service Business preferred.
- 1 year of experience in writing and preparing Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) or similar in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements preferred.
- CAMS of CFE certification preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of laws applicable to money laundering, including the BSA, USA Patriot act, US Treasury AML guidelines, OFAC requirements, and Suspicious Activity Reporting requirements, and/or global AML/CFT/Fraud laws and regulations preferred.
- Some knowledge of domestic and international high risk countries, jurisdictions, and corridors of AML/CTF concern, preferred.
- Demonstrate ability to work successfully in a fast pace, highly structured, deadline driven culture.
- Excellent organization, strong time management skills, including the ability to effectively prioritize work assignments with changing priorities.
- Must be a self-starter with strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to work independently or in a team environment under minimum supervision.
- Able to multi-task and complete projects on time.
- Exceptional research and analytical, cross-referencing, and deductive reasoning skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills necessary to interact and communicate with various levels of internal and external clients, up to and including senior leadership & law enforcement.
- Must be proactive in making process/procedure enhancement suggestions geared toward mitigating risk in an ever-changing regulatory environment.
- Able to communicate effectively with a culturally diverse agent and consumer base.
- Experience working with highly confidential information.
- Capable of sharing knowledge, mentoring, and training other team members.
- Have a solid business knowledge and comprehension of MoneyGram products and services globally.
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.