MoneyGram’s culture of compliance means employees hold the key to the safety and security of the business. We are all part of the first line of defense in preventing criminal abuse of MoneyGram products and services. We count on everyone to report suspicious findings and protect the interest of our customers.
Compliance Data Trend Analyst
What are the qualifications that will help you achieve success at MoneyGram?
“MoneyGram offers a fast-paced and culturally diverse environment in which employees are empowered to use their analytical skills to mitigate potential risk. The Financial Intelligence Unit leadership team creates a warm, positive, and supportive setting for analysts to thrive.”Binita Sawhney, Compliance Analyst III, 5310 Global Back Office (U.S.)
“The MoneyGram FIU culture is positive and encourages collaboration and a positive work environment. Management is open and supportive and there are plenty of opportunities for career growth as a Compliance Analyst in the FIU.”Ann Barrett, Compliance Analyst III, 5308 Financial Intelligence Unit (U.S.)
“When a colleague of mine joined MoneyGram, I thought it was a great place to work at. The multi-cultural working environment is a great experience, especially in an open-space office. I appreciate meeting and working with people from all over the world. Getting to know different cultures and trying to understand them broadens your horizons, if you keep an open mind.
I have been with the company for over a year now and I am pleased to be a part of it. Recently, I have changed my role in the compliance department and I am learning something new everyday. I see challenges as opportunities for progress and my duties never keep me bored.
When I was an English teacher, before I began my AML experience, I enjoyed working with people, having impact on their lives and feeling that what I did mattered. I found a similar feeling here, at MG, where just by looking at the data you can sometimes see real life stories. Helping fraud victims (It could have been your grandma who got scammed) and reporting the bad guys are definitely rewarding. I enjoy working at MG, I like the people I work with and generally, I like my job. It's an environment I would recommend to everyone.”Marcin Banaszek - Compliance Analyst II, Transaction Monitoring (Poland)
“I first knew about MoneyGram after moving from Egypt with my wife and 4 years old daughter, from a friend who had just joined MoneyGram few days earlier. seeking for new start and a challenge, I applied. It was clear from the first day during the recruitment processes that I was dealing with not only professionals but as well friendly community.
Once I joined the vibe was high, new colleagues from all over the world, different cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. All working helping each other with the workload and sharing the nice moments and building new friendships.
It is the Diversity, respect to each other, the acceptance, the team work spirit which makes MoneyGram the perfect place to innovate and grow. Proud to be member of this family.”Ahmed Khalil -Due Dilligence Analyst II (Poland)
Global Partner Compliance Policy
MoneyGram agents and other non-agent distribution channels are important partners that offer money transfers and other services to our customers.
See Policy >
Report Illegal & Unusual Activity
MoneyGram is committed to a strong compliance program, and to preventing and stopping fraud to protect our customers and business partners.
Learn More >
We offer competitive benefit packages that are specific to each country where we have employees.
Excellent company match with immediate 100 percent vesting.
Paid Time Off
Generous PTO with holiday pay.
Work/ Life Balance
Our employees are the reason for our success, so we offer a healthy work-life balance.
MoneyGram supports ongoing professional development through continued education and on-the-job experience.
The Compliance Trend Analyst II is responsible for focusing on analytics, metrics, and reporting, providing complex analysis and interpretation of data and for the Compliance Risk based program. The incumbent is responsible for analyzing and mining data in various data AML and Fraud data sources to interpret meaning, explain tends, and develop recommendations based on findings with the Management team.
- Works closely with business leaders to develop graphs, reports, dashboards and presentations for AML and fraud activities, patterns, trends and operational metrics.
- Examines and evaluates purpose and content of reports to develop new, or improve existing, format, use, and control.
- Analyzes and mines data in the various data sources to explain trends that appear on standard reports.
- Interprets data and develops recommendations based on findings.
- Brings together disparate data sources to create a complete analysis.
- Understands and comprehends new system changes as they affect data, reports, and reporting systems.
- Performs quality assurance efforts, checks and balances on all developed reports, data extracts and metrics.
- Extracts existing data to manipulate/calculate/format/combine into presentable reports, charts, and graphs.
- Analyzes data and interprets data to understand business impact, correlations/discrepancies, and to propose changes/alternate solutions.
- Develops queries to retrieve and analyze data for projects, programs, or reports.
- Performs ad-hoc analytical requests and research projects for internal parties.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Any combination of relevant education and experience and/or related professional designations/certifications in this field is highly desirable.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Statistics, Business Analytics or Administration, or other related fields.
- 2 to 4 years of experience in a data analytics capacity, preferred.
- Preferred experience in any of the following areas: AML Compliance Technology, fraud detection/prevention technology, Bank Secrecy Act or anti-money laundering compliance, FATF guidance.
- Preferred experience with data wrangling with SAS, R, Python, T-SQL, PL/SQL, Tableau Dashboard Development, and/or Google Cloud.
- Advanced-level proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint, accurately interpreting, translating and summarizing data in a concise and meaningful manner (e.g. high comfort level with consolidating and joining data, creating formulas, Vlook-ups, Pivot Tables and possibly macro development).
- Ability to understand relational databases and experience developing queries (SQL Server, Oracle).
- Ability to read and write SQL Code.
- Cloudera Hadoop skills used in a data analytics capacity.
- Experience working successfully in a very fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Proven ability to succeed in cross-functional teams through influence versus direct management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to present findings, or translate data into an understandable document.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.