MoneyGram’s culture of compliance means employees hold the key to the safety and security of the business. We are all part of the first line of defense in preventing criminal abuse of MoneyGram products and services. We count on everyone to report suspicious findings and protect the interest of our customers.
Compliance Monitoring and Testing Manager
What are the qualifications that will help you achieve success at MoneyGram?
“MoneyGram offers a fast-paced and culturally diverse environment in which employees are empowered to use their analytical skills to mitigate potential risk. The Financial Intelligence Unit leadership team creates a warm, positive, and supportive setting for analysts to thrive.”Binita Sawhney, Compliance Analyst III, 5310 Global Back Office (U.S.)
“The MoneyGram FIU culture is positive and encourages collaboration and a positive work environment. Management is open and supportive and there are plenty of opportunities for career growth as a Compliance Analyst in the FIU.”Ann Barrett, Compliance Analyst III, 5308 Financial Intelligence Unit (U.S.)
“When a colleague of mine joined MoneyGram, I thought it was a great place to work at. The multi-cultural working environment is a great experience, especially in an open-space office. I appreciate meeting and working with people from all over the world. Getting to know different cultures and trying to understand them broadens your horizons, if you keep an open mind.
I have been with the company for over a year now and I am pleased to be a part of it. Recently, I have changed my role in the compliance department and I am learning something new everyday. I see challenges as opportunities for progress and my duties never keep me bored.
When I was an English teacher, before I began my AML experience, I enjoyed working with people, having impact on their lives and feeling that what I did mattered. I found a similar feeling here, at MG, where just by looking at the data you can sometimes see real life stories. Helping fraud victims (It could have been your grandma who got scammed) and reporting the bad guys are definitely rewarding. I enjoy working at MG, I like the people I work with and generally, I like my job. It's an environment I would recommend to everyone.”Marcin Banaszek - Compliance Analyst II, Transaction Monitoring (Poland)
“I first knew about MoneyGram after moving from Egypt with my wife and 4 years old daughter, from a friend who had just joined MoneyGram few days earlier. seeking for new start and a challenge, I applied. It was clear from the first day during the recruitment processes that I was dealing with not only professionals but as well friendly community.
Once I joined the vibe was high, new colleagues from all over the world, different cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. All working helping each other with the workload and sharing the nice moments and building new friendships.
It is the Diversity, respect to each other, the acceptance, the team work spirit which makes MoneyGram the perfect place to innovate and grow. Proud to be member of this family.”Ahmed Khalil -Due Dilligence Analyst II (Poland)
Global Partner Compliance Policy
MoneyGram agents and other non-agent distribution channels are important partners that offer money transfers and other services to our customers.
See Policy >
Report Illegal & Unusual Activity
MoneyGram is committed to a strong compliance program, and to preventing and stopping fraud to protect our customers and business partners.
Learn More >
We offer competitive benefit packages that are specific to each country where we have employees.
Excellent company match with immediate 100 percent vesting.
Paid Time Off
Generous PTO with holiday pay.
Work/ Life Balance
Our employees are the reason for our success, so we offer a healthy work-life balance.
Work in the heart of the Dallas / Fort Worth area.
MoneyGram supports ongoing professional development through continued education and on-the-job experience.
The Compliance Programs Manager – Compliance Monitoring and Testing is responsible for the provision of enterprise-wide compliance services and for overseeing various programs with particular focus on day-to-day activities associated with critical sub-components of those programs. The Manager is expected to interact with the lines of business including mid-level management, firm's legal department, senior compliance management and various law enforcement and regulatory agencies as needed; The incumbent will handle critical level items for escalation and ensures any items escalated are properly managed, documented and communicated throughout the organization. The incumbent must also ensure the accuracy of information provided to regulators and plays a key role in ensuring other key stakeholders, such as banking institutions are able to effectively evaluate MoneyGram’s overall compliance programs to enable MoneyGram to continue to operate.
- Manages the design and governance overall for the Compliance Monitoring and Testing Program and provides thoughtful leadership in the areas of regulatory compliance and enterprise risk management.
- Performs business process control reviews, program assessment reviews, and other service offerings.
- Works closely with management to develop risk mitigation strategies, implement programs and new requirements, and drive implementation of recommendations regarding business & process optimization, profit improvement, internal control & compliance.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on core program and sub-programs.
- Actively provides consultative support and advice to business lines regarding compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of business line functions, strategic goals and target markets in order to best support assigned business lines.
- Provides advice and guidance to the organization as a whole by developing policy and advocacy agenda and ensures employees are positioned to educate others effectively when opportunities arise.
- Promotes policies at local, state, and federal levels that enhance the organizations abilities to achieve its vision and mission.
- Ensures information is effectively distributed throughout the organization at all levels.
- Effectively guides the various Risk Operations teams via policy requirements, which includes regulations and regulatory expectations.
- Remediates AML/Government Sanctions/KYA issues identified through independent testing, self-identification, or other escalation processes.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with risk management colleagues, legal, and other parties on a regular basis.
- Meets with business lines to gain insight and provides guidance into business line products and services and/or related initiatives impacting enterprise risk.
- Represents Compliance on internal committees and task forces, as assigned.
- Drives relationship and communication to Regional Compliance and Business Teams regarding core compliance programs and requirements.
- Provides feedback to direct reports on a regular and ongoing basis; sets goals and measurements to assess completion of goals.
- Coaches and mentors colleagues for professional development.
- Assess strengths and development areas of team and direct reports and accurately relay to upper management. Effectively manages and leads teams, including influencing and directing actions of teams.
- Participates and/or manages special projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years’ cumulative work experience within a Financial Institution or similar industry.
- CAMs certification or other professional designation, preferred.
- Working knowledge of Anti-Money Laundering, Fraud, Securities Rules/Law, Sanctions, Consumer Protection, Anti-Bribery, and/or other AML regulatory policies.
- Experience developing and implementing compliance policies, programs, and procedures, including regulatory risk assessments.
- Experience working with regulators, or having to manage stakeholder expectations regarding compliance programs.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with individuals and influence individuals across business and/or functional lines.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and relationship skills.
- Proficiency in learning new computer systems.
- Ability to collaborate with people across the enterprise to achieve consensus on regulatory risk issues and appropriate mitigation.
- Experience in creating and delivering presentations.
- Experience in developing and delivering compliance communications to business unit and support function personnel.
- Excellent analytical, communication (verbal and written), organizational, business acumen, and report writing skills.
- Results oriented and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities to meet business needs.
- Strong ownership of the learning process.
- Ability to drive positive change leveraging the Program Office staff.
- Exercise sound professional judgment, attention to detail, and observe the highest degree of confidentiality and accuracy in the handling of information received.