MoneyGram’s culture of compliance means employees hold the key to the safety and security of the business. We are all part of the first line of defense in preventing criminal abuse of MoneyGram products and services. We count on everyone to report suspicious findings and protect the interest of our customers.
Compliance Officer II
What are the qualifications that will help you achieve success at MoneyGram?
“MoneyGram offers a fast-paced and culturally diverse environment in which employees are empowered to use their analytical skills to mitigate potential risk. The Financial Intelligence Unit leadership team creates a warm, positive, and supportive setting for analysts to thrive.”Binita Sawhney, Compliance Analyst III, 5310 Global Back Office (U.S.)
“The MoneyGram FIU culture is positive and encourages collaboration and a positive work environment. Management is open and supportive and there are plenty of opportunities for career growth as a Compliance Analyst in the FIU.”Ann Barrett, Compliance Analyst III, 5308 Financial Intelligence Unit (U.S.)
“When a colleague of mine joined MoneyGram, I thought it was a great place to work at. The multi-cultural working environment is a great experience, especially in an open-space office. I appreciate meeting and working with people from all over the world. Getting to know different cultures and trying to understand them broadens your horizons, if you keep an open mind.
I have been with the company for over a year now and I am pleased to be a part of it. Recently, I have changed my role in the compliance department and I am learning something new everyday. I see challenges as opportunities for progress and my duties never keep me bored.
When I was an English teacher, before I began my AML experience, I enjoyed working with people, having impact on their lives and feeling that what I did mattered. I found a similar feeling here, at MG, where just by looking at the data you can sometimes see real life stories. Helping fraud victims (It could have been your grandma who got scammed) and reporting the bad guys are definitely rewarding. I enjoy working at MG, I like the people I work with and generally, I like my job. It's an environment I would recommend to everyone.”Marcin Banaszek - Compliance Analyst II, Transaction Monitoring (Poland)
“I first knew about MoneyGram after moving from Egypt with my wife and 4 years old daughter, from a friend who had just joined MoneyGram few days earlier. seeking for new start and a challenge, I applied. It was clear from the first day during the recruitment processes that I was dealing with not only professionals but as well friendly community.
Once I joined the vibe was high, new colleagues from all over the world, different cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. All working helping each other with the workload and sharing the nice moments and building new friendships.
It is the Diversity, respect to each other, the acceptance, the team work spirit which makes MoneyGram the perfect place to innovate and grow. Proud to be member of this family.”Ahmed Khalil -Due Dilligence Analyst II (Poland)
Global Partner Compliance Policy
MoneyGram agents and other non-agent distribution channels are important partners that offer money transfers and other services to our customers.
See Policy >
Report Illegal & Unusual Activity
MoneyGram is committed to a strong compliance program, and to preventing and stopping fraud to protect our customers and business partners.
Learn More >
We offer competitive benefit packages that are specific to each country where we have employees.
Excellent company match with immediate 100 percent vesting.
Paid Time Off
Generous PTO with holiday pay.
Work/ Life Balance
Our employees are the reason for our success, so we offer a healthy work-life balance.
MoneyGram supports ongoing professional development through continued education and on-the-job experience.
The Compliance Officer II ensures the business operates in accordance with all legal and regulatory requirements and all group standards relating to anti-money laundering, counter financing of terrorism (AML), and fraud prevention.
The incumbent is mainly responsible for two main processes; the Record Creation Process, and the Referral Process, along with other ad hock projects and reports. These key processes involve plenty of interaction with internal clients globally.
- Assigns referrals related to suspicious activity, including those generated from an alert detection processes, negative media reports, as well as other sources
- Manages the Record Creation Process: Verify requests submitted, follow up with Regional Compliance Teams, create records accordingly, and update/make changes to these records if needed.
- Analyzes internal and external information to gain additional intelligence regarding emerging risk
- Creates ad hock reports and analyses as necessary to support the Regional Teams
- Executes on established enterprise compliance programs, principles, standards, policy and oversight expectations
- Updates and maintains work instructions for multiple processes
- Formulates and evaluates actions to mitigate potentially suspicious activity, and supports MoneyGram's forward-looking risk-mitigation response
- Works with team members to determine if escalations contain appropriate information to escalate cases for further review
- Assists in responses and requests pursuant to various regulatory requirements and/or requests, and perform other duties as assigned
Any combination of relevant education and experience and/or related professional designations/certifications in this field is highly desirable.
- Minimum Required: Post-secondary degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 3-5 years' work experience as a subject matter expert in compliance in a banking or financial services environment preferred.
- Working knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act and AML Regulations, USA Patriot Act, Office of Foreign Assets Control (strongly preferred � outside of US; required � US).
- Ability to operate multi-nationally with regulators, law enforcement, business partners and agents.
- Ability to work in a self-directed and remote environment.
- Demonstrated ability to draft clear and professional correspondence and other documents of a legal and business nature.
- Excellent analysis and problem solving skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to resolve internal clients' inquiries.
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately work with confidential information.
- Excellent communication skills � ability to articulate and convey complex, conceptual information to various audiences verbally and in writing.
- Experience communicating with regulators and law enforcement agencies preferred.
- Excellent demonstrated organizational skills, including time management, record keeping, self-scheduling, and follow-up.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Suite.
- Must be a self-starter, detail oriented, and be able to act independently.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of the MoneyGram's business practices, organizational structure and general policies and procedures, preferred.
- Experience in public speaking and making clear and persuasive business presentations, preferred.
- Intermediate/advanced Excel Skills (VLOOKUPs, INDEX(MATCH), IF Scenarios, nested formulas, preferred
- Demonstrated exposure to MS SQL Server, preferred.
- Fluent bilingual communication skills highly preferred.