Compliance Officer III
Frisco, Texas; Miami, Florida
MoneyGram’s culture of compliance means employees hold the key to the safety and security of the business. We are all part of the first line of defense in preventing criminal abuse of MoneyGram products and services. We count on everyone to report suspicious findings and protect the interest of our customers.
What are the qualifications that will help you achieve success at MoneyGram?
“MoneyGram offers a fast-paced and culturally diverse environment in which employees are empowered to use their analytical skills to mitigate potential risk. The Financial Intelligence Unit leadership team creates a warm, positive, and supportive setting for analysts to thrive.”Binita Sawhney, Compliance Analyst III, 5310 Global Back Office (U.S.)
“The MoneyGram FIU culture is positive and encourages collaboration and a positive work environment. Management is open and supportive and there are plenty of opportunities for career growth as a Compliance Analyst in the FIU.”Ann Barrett, Compliance Analyst III, 5308 Financial Intelligence Unit (U.S.)
“When a colleague of mine joined MoneyGram, I thought it was a great place to work at. The multi-cultural working environment is a great experience, especially in an open-space office. I appreciate meeting and working with people from all over the world. Getting to know different cultures and trying to understand them broadens your horizons, if you keep an open mind.
I have been with the company for over a year now and I am pleased to be a part of it. Recently, I have changed my role in the compliance department and I am learning something new everyday. I see challenges as opportunities for progress and my duties never keep me bored.
When I was an English teacher, before I began my AML experience, I enjoyed working with people, having impact on their lives and feeling that what I did mattered. I found a similar feeling here, at MG, where just by looking at the data you can sometimes see real life stories. Helping fraud victims (It could have been your grandma who got scammed) and reporting the bad guys are definitely rewarding. I enjoy working at MG, I like the people I work with and generally, I like my job. It's an environment I would recommend to everyone.”Marcin Banaszek - Compliance Analyst II, Transaction Monitoring (Poland)
“I first knew about MoneyGram after moving from Egypt with my wife and 4 years old daughter, from a friend who had just joined MoneyGram few days earlier. seeking for new start and a challenge, I applied. It was clear from the first day during the recruitment processes that I was dealing with not only professionals but as well friendly community.
Once I joined the vibe was high, new colleagues from all over the world, different cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. All working helping each other with the workload and sharing the nice moments and building new friendships.
It is the Diversity, respect to each other, the acceptance, the team work spirit which makes MoneyGram the perfect place to innovate and grow. Proud to be member of this family.”Ahmed Khalil -Due Dilligence Analyst II (Poland)
Global Partner Compliance Policy
MoneyGram agents and other non-agent distribution channels are important partners that offer money transfers and other services to our customers.
See Policy >
Report Illegal & Unusual Activity
MoneyGram is committed to a strong compliance program, and to preventing and stopping fraud to protect our customers and business partners.
Learn More >
We offer competitive benefit packages that are specific to each country where we have employees.
Excellent company match with immediate 100 percent vesting.
Paid Time Off
Generous PTO with holiday pay.
Work/ Life Balance
Our employees are the reason for our success, so we offer a healthy work-life balance.
Work in the heart of the Dallas / Fort Worth area.
MoneyGram supports ongoing professional development through continued education and on-the-job experience.
The Compliance Officer III is a primary compliance resource with responsibilities for the Agent Oversight Program. The Compliance Officer III will partner and liaison with business unit representatives to ensure agent policies and controls are practical, efficient and workable; captures regulatory requirements and enterprise programs and policies. The position will have responsibilities to liaison with state and federal regulators and other regulatory bodies as applicable.
- Executes on established enterprise compliance programs, principles, standards, policy and oversight expectations.
- Ensures program is maintained and relevant.
- Consults with internal and external experts to identify risks, best practice and expectations.
- Analyzes internal and external information to gain additional intelligence regarding emerging risk.
- Communicates policy goals for area of expertise, ensuring application across the enterprise.
- Facilitates policy, risk and control discussions with stakeholders.
- Ensures policy objectives are met.
- Communicates MoneyGram policy to stakeholders.
- Develops Agent facing communications.
- Provides agent and employee training.
- Identifies opportunities to improve MoneyGram training and education methods and materials.
- Participates in the development and maintenance of compliance training materials.
- Provides Agent Oversight guidance and support to the Regional Compliance Teams.
- Provides reporting and metrics for applicable area of expertise.
- Validates controls for applicable area of expertise and recommends and/or implements changes as necessary.
- Maintains and keeps current tracking logs for area of expertise.
- Analyzes reports and drives change according to emerging regulations and identified trends.
- Prepares and delivers clear presentations appropriate for audience.
- Participates in IT program enhancements.
- Liaisons with regulators, law enforcement and industry members at the direction of the Regional Compliance Manager.
- Participates in industry councils and associations.
- Analyzes impacts of proposed regulation and drafts associated position papers.
- Represents MoneyGram's Compliance Program to external audiences, including agents and banking partners.
- Provides content messaging for new policies as rolled out.
- Ensures training materials are in-line with policy expectations.
- Provides agent and employee training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Any combination of relevant education and experience and/or related professional designations/certifications in this field is highly desirable.
- Minimum Required: Post-secondary degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 5-7 years' work experience as a subject matter expert in compliance in a banking or financial services environment.
- Working knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act and AML Regulations, USA Patriot Act, Office of Foreign Assets Control (strongly preferred � outside of US; required � US).
- Ability to operate multi-nationally with regulators, law enforcement, business partners and agents.
- Ability to work in a self-directed and remote environment.
- Demonstrated ability to draft clear and professional correspondence and other documents of a legal and business nature.
- Excellent analysis and problem solving skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to resolve customer complaints.
- Experience communicating with regulators and law enforcement agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately work with confidential information.
- Excellent communication skills � ability to articulate and convey complex, conceptual information to various audiences verbally and in writing.
- Excellent demonstrated organizational skills, including time management, record keeping, self-scheduling, and follow-up.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Suite.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to act independently.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of the MoneyGram's business practices, organizational structure and general policies and procedures, preferred.
- Experience in public speaking and making clear and persuasive business presentations, preferred.
- Bilingual English/Spanish