Compliance Officer IV
MoneyGram’s culture of compliance means employees hold the key to the safety and security of the business. We are all part of the first line of defense in preventing criminal abuse of MoneyGram products and services. We count on everyone to report suspicious findings and protect the interest of our customers.
What are the qualifications that will help you achieve success at MoneyGram?
“MoneyGram offers a fast-paced and culturally diverse environment in which employees are empowered to use their analytical skills to mitigate potential risk. The Financial Intelligence Unit leadership team creates a warm, positive, and supportive setting for analysts to thrive.”Binita Sawhney, Compliance Analyst III, 5310 Global Back Office (U.S.)
“The MoneyGram FIU culture is positive and encourages collaboration and a positive work environment. Management is open and supportive and there are plenty of opportunities for career growth as a Compliance Analyst in the FIU.”Ann Barrett, Compliance Analyst III, 5308 Financial Intelligence Unit (U.S.)
“When a colleague of mine joined MoneyGram, I thought it was a great place to work at. The multi-cultural working environment is a great experience, especially in an open-space office. I appreciate meeting and working with people from all over the world. Getting to know different cultures and trying to understand them broadens your horizons, if you keep an open mind.
I have been with the company for over a year now and I am pleased to be a part of it. Recently, I have changed my role in the compliance department and I am learning something new everyday. I see challenges as opportunities for progress and my duties never keep me bored.
When I was an English teacher, before I began my AML experience, I enjoyed working with people, having impact on their lives and feeling that what I did mattered. I found a similar feeling here, at MG, where just by looking at the data you can sometimes see real life stories. Helping fraud victims (It could have been your grandma who got scammed) and reporting the bad guys are definitely rewarding. I enjoy working at MG, I like the people I work with and generally, I like my job. It's an environment I would recommend to everyone.”Marcin Banaszek - Compliance Analyst II, Transaction Monitoring (Poland)
“I first knew about MoneyGram after moving from Egypt with my wife and 4 years old daughter, from a friend who had just joined MoneyGram few days earlier. seeking for new start and a challenge, I applied. It was clear from the first day during the recruitment processes that I was dealing with not only professionals but as well friendly community.
Once I joined the vibe was high, new colleagues from all over the world, different cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. All working helping each other with the workload and sharing the nice moments and building new friendships.
It is the Diversity, respect to each other, the acceptance, the team work spirit which makes MoneyGram the perfect place to innovate and grow. Proud to be member of this family.”Ahmed Khalil -Due Dilligence Analyst II (Poland)
Global Partner Compliance Policy
MoneyGram agents and other non-agent distribution channels are important partners that offer money transfers and other services to our customers.
See Policy >
Report Illegal & Unusual Activity
MoneyGram is committed to a strong compliance program, and to preventing and stopping fraud to protect our customers and business partners.
Learn More >
We offer competitive benefit packages that are specific to each country where we have employees.
Excellent company match with immediate 100 percent vesting.
Paid Time Off
Generous PTO with holiday pay.
Work/ Life Balance
Our employees are the reason for our success, so we offer a healthy work-life balance.
Work in the heart of the Dallas / Fort Worth area.
MoneyGram supports ongoing professional development through continued education and on-the-job experience.
- Manage the design and implementation of enhancements to the Agent Oversight & Support Program, provide thought leadership in the areas of agent oversight and regulatory compliance and act as SME; consulting with internal and external experts to identify risks, best practice and expectations.
- Analyze internal and external information to gain additional intelligence regarding emerging risks.
- Facilitate the opportunities to improve MoneyGram’s training and materials provided internally and externally to Agents and vendors; provide expertise and lead the development and maintenance of compliance training materials
- Provide reporting and metrics for applicable area of expertise
- Validate any controls for applicable area of expertise, recommend and implement changes as necessary; Partner with internal teams and vendor(s) to define the statement of work
- Manage the day-to-day relationship of the vendor (deliver training, answer questions, address performance issues, evaluate progress reports, receive invoices).
- Manage the relationship with regulators, examiners and auditors including the fulfilment and delivery of information requested, present and explain Agent Oversight & Support Program info, as well as validating the accuracy of information provided; following up with internal teams as needed to ensure timely delivery of information.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- BA /BS in business, finance, law enforcement, legal studies or a related field; may be substituted with equivalent work experience in Financial Services, Law Enforcement, Banking or a related field.
- Any combination of relevant education and experience and/or related professional designations/certifications in this field is highly desirable.
- 7+ years of compliance financial investigations, experience in money service business or banking.
- CAMS or CFE certification preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of laws applicable to money laundering, including the BSA, USA Patriot act, US Treasury AML guidelines, OFAC requirements, and Suspicious Activity Reporting requirements; and/or global AML/CFT/Anti-Fraud laws and regulations.
- Self-starter, capable of working under minimum supervision.
- Results oriented team player.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities to meet business needs.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a fast pace, highly structured, deadline driven culture.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and relationship skills.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with individuals and influence individuals across business and/or functional lines.
- Excellent organization, strong time management skills, including the ability to effectively prioritize work assignments with changing priorities.
- Able to multi-task and complete projects on time.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a culturally diverse organization.
- Solid writing, analytical and communication skills.
- Experience working with highly confidential information.
- Capable of sharing knowledge, mentoring, and training other team members.
- Established solid business knowledge and comprehension of MoneyGram products and services globally.
- Knowledge of domestic and international higher risk countries, jurisdictions and corridors of AML/CTF/Anti-Fraud concern, preferred.
- Fluent/bilingual communication skills, preferred.