MoneyGram’s culture of compliance means employees hold the key to the safety and security of the business. We are all part of the first line of defense in preventing criminal abuse of MoneyGram products and services. We count on everyone to report suspicious findings and protect the interest of our customers.
Compliance Oversight Analyst III
What are the qualifications that will help you achieve success at MoneyGram?
“MoneyGram offers a fast-paced and culturally diverse environment in which employees are empowered to use their analytical skills to mitigate potential risk. The Financial Intelligence Unit leadership team creates a warm, positive, and supportive setting for analysts to thrive.”Binita Sawhney, Compliance Analyst III, 5310 Global Back Office (U.S.)
“The MoneyGram FIU culture is positive and encourages collaboration and a positive work environment. Management is open and supportive and there are plenty of opportunities for career growth as a Compliance Analyst in the FIU.”Ann Barrett, Compliance Analyst III, 5308 Financial Intelligence Unit (U.S.)
“When a colleague of mine joined MoneyGram, I thought it was a great place to work at. The multi-cultural working environment is a great experience, especially in an open-space office. I appreciate meeting and working with people from all over the world. Getting to know different cultures and trying to understand them broadens your horizons, if you keep an open mind.
I have been with the company for over a year now and I am pleased to be a part of it. Recently, I have changed my role in the compliance department and I am learning something new everyday. I see challenges as opportunities for progress and my duties never keep me bored.
When I was an English teacher, before I began my AML experience, I enjoyed working with people, having impact on their lives and feeling that what I did mattered. I found a similar feeling here, at MG, where just by looking at the data you can sometimes see real life stories. Helping fraud victims (It could have been your grandma who got scammed) and reporting the bad guys are definitely rewarding. I enjoy working at MG, I like the people I work with and generally, I like my job. It's an environment I would recommend to everyone.”Marcin Banaszek - Compliance Analyst II, Transaction Monitoring (Poland)
“I first knew about MoneyGram after moving from Egypt with my wife and 4 years old daughter, from a friend who had just joined MoneyGram few days earlier. seeking for new start and a challenge, I applied. It was clear from the first day during the recruitment processes that I was dealing with not only professionals but as well friendly community.
Once I joined the vibe was high, new colleagues from all over the world, different cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. All working helping each other with the workload and sharing the nice moments and building new friendships.
It is the Diversity, respect to each other, the acceptance, the team work spirit which makes MoneyGram the perfect place to innovate and grow. Proud to be member of this family.”Ahmed Khalil -Due Dilligence Analyst II (Poland)
Global Partner Compliance Policy
MoneyGram agents and other non-agent distribution channels are important partners that offer money transfers and other services to our customers.
See Policy >
Report Illegal & Unusual Activity
MoneyGram is committed to a strong compliance program, and to preventing and stopping fraud to protect our customers and business partners.
Learn More >
Paid Time Off
Paid Maternity Leave
Employee Assistance Program
Money Transfer Fee Reimbursement
Community Service Days
Business Travel Accident Insurance
MoneyGram supports ongoing professional development through continued education and on-the-job experience.
The Compliance Oversight Analyst III plays a crucial role in supporting the Compliance Monitoring & Testing (CMT) department with the oversight and examination of various programs across MoneyGram. The Analyst III will focus on the day-to-day activities associated with critical sub-components of each program to ensure the business operates in accordance with all legal and regulatory requirements, all group standards relating to consumer protections, anti-money laundering (AML), counter financing of terrorism (CFT), and fraud prevention are met, and MoneyGram is able to form sound judgements concerning reputational and other risks while meeting expectations of regulators and other compliance stakeholders.
- Executes CMT activities as designed by management and provides expertise in the areas of regulatory compliance and enterprise risk management; performs business process control reviews, program assessment reviews, and other service offerings.
- Works closely with management to develop risk mitigation strategies, implement programs and new requirements, drive implementation of recommendations regarding business & process optimization, internal control & compliance.
- Becomes thoroughly knowledgeable on several MoneyGram core programs and sub-programs; maintains knowledge of business line functions and strategic goals to best support assigned business lines.
- Researches and promotes laws and regulations at local, state, and federal levels that enhance MoneyGram’s ability to remain in compliance with said laws and regulations.
- Assists in designing and planning remediation actions related to AML, BSA, Fraud, Sanctions, Consumer Protection and Other issues identified through independent testing, self-identification, or other escalation processes.
- Meets with business lines to gain insight and provides guidance into business line products and services and/or related initiatives impacting enterprise risk.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BA /BS in business, finance, law enforcement, legal studies, or a related field; may be substituted with equivalent work experience in Money Service Business (MSB), Financial Services, Law Enforcement, Banking, or a related field.
- Any combination of relevant education and experience and/or related professional designations/certifications in this field is highly desirable.
- 2-5 years’ experience in Financial Services, Compliance Investigations, Anti-Money Laundering, Fraud Prevention, Audit, Quality Assurance or a related field in a Money Service business.
- Experience in a Money Service Business preferred.
- CAMS or CFE certification preferred.
- Working knowledge of Anti-Money Laundering, Fraud, Securities Rules/Law, Sanctions, Consumer Protection, Anti-Bribery, and/or other AML regulatory policies.
- Experience in understanding and analyzing policies, programs, and procedures, including regulatory risk assessments.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with individuals and influence individuals across business and/or functional lines.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and relationship skills.
- Proficiency in learning new computer systems.
- Ability to collaborate with people across the enterprise to achieve consensus on regulatory risk issues and appropriate mitigation.
- Experience in creating and delivering presentations.
- Experience in developing and delivering compliance communications to business unit and support function personnel.
- Excellent analytical, communication (verbal and written), organizational, business acumen, and report writing skills.
- Results oriented and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities to meet business needs.
- Strong ownership of the learning process.
- Ability to drive positive change leveraging the Program Office staff.