MoneyGram’s culture of compliance means employees hold the key to the safety and security of the business. We are all part of the first line of defense in preventing criminal abuse of MoneyGram products and services. We count on everyone to report suspicious findings and protect the interest of our customers.
Compliance Project Manager III
What are the qualifications that will help you achieve success at MoneyGram?
“MoneyGram offers a fast-paced and culturally diverse environment in which employees are empowered to use their analytical skills to mitigate potential risk. The Financial Intelligence Unit leadership team creates a warm, positive, and supportive setting for analysts to thrive.”Binita Sawhney, Compliance Analyst III, 5310 Global Back Office (U.S.)
“The MoneyGram FIU culture is positive and encourages collaboration and a positive work environment. Management is open and supportive and there are plenty of opportunities for career growth as a Compliance Analyst in the FIU.”Ann Barrett, Compliance Analyst III, 5308 Financial Intelligence Unit (U.S.)
“When a colleague of mine joined MoneyGram, I thought it was a great place to work at. The multi-cultural working environment is a great experience, especially in an open-space office. I appreciate meeting and working with people from all over the world. Getting to know different cultures and trying to understand them broadens your horizons, if you keep an open mind.
I have been with the company for over a year now and I am pleased to be a part of it. Recently, I have changed my role in the compliance department and I am learning something new everyday. I see challenges as opportunities for progress and my duties never keep me bored.
When I was an English teacher, before I began my AML experience, I enjoyed working with people, having impact on their lives and feeling that what I did mattered. I found a similar feeling here, at MG, where just by looking at the data you can sometimes see real life stories. Helping fraud victims (It could have been your grandma who got scammed) and reporting the bad guys are definitely rewarding. I enjoy working at MG, I like the people I work with and generally, I like my job. It's an environment I would recommend to everyone.”Marcin Banaszek - Compliance Analyst II, Transaction Monitoring (Poland)
“I first knew about MoneyGram after moving from Egypt with my wife and 4 years old daughter, from a friend who had just joined MoneyGram few days earlier. seeking for new start and a challenge, I applied. It was clear from the first day during the recruitment processes that I was dealing with not only professionals but as well friendly community.
Once I joined the vibe was high, new colleagues from all over the world, different cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. All working helping each other with the workload and sharing the nice moments and building new friendships.
It is the Diversity, respect to each other, the acceptance, the team work spirit which makes MoneyGram the perfect place to innovate and grow. Proud to be member of this family.”Ahmed Khalil -Due Dilligence Analyst II (Poland)
Global Partner Compliance Policy
MoneyGram agents and other non-agent distribution channels are important partners that offer money transfers and other services to our customers.
See Policy >
Report Illegal & Unusual Activity
MoneyGram is committed to a strong compliance program, and to preventing and stopping fraud to protect our customers and business partners.
Learn More >
We offer competitive benefit packages that are specific to each country where we have employees.
Excellent company match with immediate 100 percent vesting.
Paid Time Off
Generous PTO with holiday pay.
Work/ Life Balance
Our employees are the reason for our success, so we offer a healthy work-life balance.
Work in the heart of the Dallas / Fort Worth area.
MoneyGram supports ongoing professional development through continued education and on-the-job experience.
The Compliance Project Manager III is responsible for the design, development and implementation of projects. The Compliance Project Manager III provides tactical management of project execution as defined in applicable project or program plan. The incumbent ensures project deliverables meet or exceed stakeholder expectations, satisfy compliance requirements and are implemented on time. The incumbent is also expected to manage and lead multiple projects concurrently as assigned. Further, the Compliance Project Manager III will provide coaching, guidance and mentoring to other team members supporting project initiatives.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for requests for information directed towards MoneyGram’s Compliance Department from a variety of sources including examinations, auditors and consultants.
- Coordinate, collect, verify and maintain responses to the requests for information. Track and clearly communicate all deadlines related to requests for information to ensure all deadlines are met.Manages activities associated with a project, ensuring solutions are delivered on time, satisfy compliance requirements and meet corporate standards.
- Creates, revises and maintains project and resource plans to meet project requirements.
- Communicates effectively and consistently with all project team members.
- Escalates issues quickly and appropriately to Compliance management.
- Actively leads project teams to execute projects, demonstrating sound judgment, critical thinking skills, leadership and a sense of urgency.
- Initiates and actively facilitates team meetings and issue resolution involving the right parties to resolve problems.
- Effectively manages team to complete projects, including coaching, delegating, providing feedback and resolving conflicts and problems.
- Fosters a team environment of shared ownership in the execution of the project.
- Ensures the completion of standard project communications and deliverables such as project charters, issue logs, risk management and implementation plans.
- Establishes and maintains a strong partnership with internal stakeholders.
- Assists in evaluating and making recommendations to improve compliance programs and organizational effectiveness.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Any combination of relevant education and experience and/or related professional designations/certifications in this field is highly desirable.
Any combination of relevant education and experience and/or related professional designations/certifications in this field is highly desirable.
- Minimum Required: BA/BS degree or equivalent relevant experience
- Experience working at a financial institution and/or a compliance department is preferred.
- 5+ years project management experience.
- Proven project management skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to gather and interpret customer/end-user requirements.
- Ability to establish strong working relationships across compliance teams, business lines and external stakeholders.
- Ability to manage change and priorities and coordinate/realign project resources as necessary.
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and effectively.
- Ability to facilitate identification and resolution of project risks and issues.
- Ability to create process flows/instruction manuals; end user training tools.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Project, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Ability to create ad-hoc reports/queries to support internal and external requests.