Compliance Risk Programs ManagerApply Job ID 18010502 Date posted 04/16/2018 Primary Location Frisco-Texas-United States of America
The Risk Programs Mgr is responsible for providing oversight and development of compliance risk governance and program assessments to assess, identify, monitor and reduce potential risks (inherent & residual) related to Anti-Money Laundering (AML) / Anti-Terrorist Financing (ATF), Fraud, Dodd Frank and Sanctions risk for MoneyGram at the enterprise wide level. The incumbent is responsible for day-to-day development and enhancement of risk assessment programs and policies, while also providing advisement to management on compliance priorities, exam management and communication to examiners, major initiatives, policy development, procedures, systems, controls and training to address key risks identified in the organization to sustain compliance with internal policies & procedures, regulatory requirements and awareness of emerging trends globally.
- Oversee and maintain the overall risk governance, global risk assessments, and program assessments (internal program effectiveness assessments).
- Develop and oversee the global control and risk governance framework for the compliance organization, to include establishing standards and guiding principles for the organizational risk tolerance.
- Partner with key stakeholders within the Compliance Organization to document and communicate risks so the business is equipped to make appropriate business decisions.
- Provide guidance to the compliance organization with respect to risk, emerging trends, regulatory response, due diligence and risk mitigation.
- Identify key risks and mitigating factors that impact the following areas:
- product/services, geography, customers, Agents or operations.
- Conduct analysis to identify and document risk; incorporating information from industry accepted resources, such as FATF, Basel, and other relevant guiding bodies - to provide appropriate business recommendations.
- Work closely with management to develop risk assessments, implement programs and new requirements, and drive implementation of recommendations regarding business & process optimization, profit improvement, internal control & compliance.
- Participates and/or manages special projects; acts as subject matter expert on core programs and sub-programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years’ cumulative work experience within a Financial Institution or similar industry.
- CAMs certification or other professional designation, preferred.
- Working knowledge of Anti-Money Laundering, Fraud, Securities Rules/Law, Sanctions, Anti-Bribery, Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, Office of Foreign Assets Control and consumer fraud awareness and/or other AML regulatory policies.
- Knowledge of COSO and COSO II Framework and how to apply in a business setting to conduct risk assessments and document and manage control frameworks preferred.
- Experience developing and implementing compliance policies, programs, and procedures, with a specificity around inherent and residual risk assessments.
- Experience working with regulators, or having to manage stakeholder expectations regarding compliance programs.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with individuals and influence individuals across business and/or functional lines.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and relationship skills.
- Proficiency in learning new computer systems.
- Ability to collaborate with people across the enterprise to achieve consensus on regulatory risk issues and appropriate mitigation.
- Experience in creating and delivering presentations.
- Experience in developing and delivering compliance communications to business unit and support function personnel.
- Excellent analytical, communication (verbal and written), organizational, business acumen, and report writing skills.
- Results oriented and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities to meet business needs.
- Strong ownership of the learning process.
- Ability to drive positive change leveraging the Program Office staff.
- Exercise sound professional judgment, attention to detail, and observe the highest degree of confidentiality and accuracy in the handling of information received.
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView All Jobs