MoneyGram’s culture of compliance means employees hold the key to the safety and security of the business. We are all part of the first line of defense in preventing criminal abuse of MoneyGram products and services. We count on everyone to report suspicious findings and protect the interest of our customers.
Compliance Rules Manager
What are the qualifications that will help you achieve success at MoneyGram?
- Growth Mindset
“MoneyGram offers a fast-paced and culturally diverse environment in which employees are empowered to use their analytical skills to mitigate potential risk. The Financial Intelligence Unit leadership team creates a warm, positive, and supportive setting for analysts to thrive.”Binita Sawhney, Compliance Analyst III, 5310 Global Back Office (U.S.)
“The MoneyGram FIU culture is positive and encourages collaboration and a positive work environment. Management is open and supportive and there are plenty of opportunities for career growth as a Compliance Analyst in the FIU.”Ann Barrett, Compliance Analyst III, 5308 Financial Intelligence Unit (U.S.)
“When a colleague of mine joined MoneyGram, I thought it was a great place to work at. The multi-cultural working environment is a great experience, especially in an open-space office. I appreciate meeting and working with people from all over the world. Getting to know different cultures and trying to understand them broadens your horizons, if you keep an open mind.
I have been with the company for over a year now and I am pleased to be a part of it. Recently, I have changed my role in the compliance department and I am learning something new everyday. I see challenges as opportunities for progress and my duties never keep me bored.
When I was an English teacher, before I began my AML experience, I enjoyed working with people, having impact on their lives and feeling that what I did mattered. I found a similar feeling here, at MG, where just by looking at the data you can sometimes see real life stories. Helping fraud victims (It could have been your grandma who got scammed) and reporting the bad guys are definitely rewarding. I enjoy working at MG, I like the people I work with and generally, I like my job. It's an environment I would recommend to everyone.”Marcin Banaszek - Compliance Analyst II, Transaction Monitoring (Poland)
“I first knew about MoneyGram after moving from Egypt with my wife and 4 years old daughter, from a friend who had just joined MoneyGram few days earlier. seeking for new start and a challenge, I applied. It was clear from the first day during the recruitment processes that I was dealing with not only professionals but as well friendly community.
Once I joined the vibe was high, new colleagues from all over the world, different cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. All working helping each other with the workload and sharing the nice moments and building new friendships.
It is the Diversity, respect to each other, the acceptance, the team work spirit which makes MoneyGram the perfect place to innovate and grow. Proud to be member of this family.”Ahmed Khalil -Due Dilligence Analyst II (Poland)
“In Compliance, we strive to make enhancements daily. Therefore, attending meetings with other colleagues and the Head of Compliance to discuss enhancements and solutions is a very important part of the day.
Working alongside some amazing colleagues here at MoneyGram has encouraged me to work harder. I do not just work within my job duties. My daily goal is to do more than the minimum. How can I maximize this day? Having that mind set has helped my career, I have been promoted to Supervisor of the very team in which I started as Compliance Officer II.”Krystall Smith
MoneyGram’s Compliance Program
MoneyGram works diligently to prevent its systems from being used to perpetrate any unlawful activity. We are committed to protecting our customers and preventing the use of our products or services by anyone for money laundering, fraudulent purposes, scams, terrorist financing, OFAC, other watch list or sanctions violations, and other illicit behavior.
Learn More >
Report Illegal & Unusual Activity
MoneyGram is committed to a strong compliance program, and to preventing and stopping fraud to protect our customers and business partners.
Learn More >
Paid Time Off
Paid Maternity Leave
Employee Assistance Program
Money Transfer Fee Reimbursement
Community Service Days
Business Travel Accident Insurance
MoneyGram supports ongoing professional development through continued education and on-the-job experience.
The Compliance Rules Manager is responsible for analyzing and mining data in various AML and Fraud data sources to interpret and recommend rules and internal controls for anti-money laundering and anti-fraud. The Compliance Rules Manager will be responsible for working within the business rules management environment to support creation, testing, optimization, and maintenance of business rules that monitor money laundering and fraud risks. The incumbent will be responsible for proactively developing, maintaining, and accessing the effectiveness and sufficiency of current rules. The incumbent will also be responsible for serving as the lead subject matter expert on all key rule and control developments, trend modeling, and monitoring.
- Works within a Business Rule Management environment to support creation, testing, optimization, and maintenance of business rules that monitor and control money laundering and fraud risks.
- Focus on critical analytics and data mining skills to help drive efficiencies and transparency of the rules platform.
- Identifies key risks and mitigating factors of AML/CTF, fraud and other risks factors such as: product/services, geographic, customer or operational.
- Conducts statistical analyses to quantify risk, business impacts, and develop parameters.
- Performs a method for ongoing assessment of the effectiveness and sufficiency of current rules and develops associated reporting and reporting of money laundering and fraud rules.
- Conducts research and analysis of source data in connection with creating and maintaining all compliance rules.
- Improves decision making and analytics needed to set parameters and thresholds for business rules.
- Continually evaluates new variables to consider when writing new rules to respond to business needs, translating those needs into sets of configurable rules and considering potential impacts to the system.
- Assists with maintaining rules platform, deploying rule sets, and triaging and tracking quality assurance and system issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BA /BS degree in a quantitative field such as mathematics, statistics, quantitative finance, econometrics, engineering, computer science, or actuarial sciences.
- CAMS of CFE certification within 12 months of hire.
- Masters or PhD, preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in the analytics or quantitative research team at a leading financial services organization, consulting firm, or a leading analytic solutions provider.
- Thorough understanding and experience working with mass analytic/big data technologies.
- Money laundering/anti-fraud compliance or risk management experience.
- Experience in any of the following areas: AML Compliance Technology, fraud detection/prevention technology, Bank Secrecy Act or anti-money laundering compliance, FATF guidance, preferred.
- Experience working with “Business Rules Engines” tools and methodology.
- Demonstrated analytical skills – ability to find and evaluate information from internal and external sources and make sound decisions about compliance.
- Experience harvesting rules from functional and technical business requirements, documenting business rules vs writing a use case.
- Strong technical skills to include SQL Server, Advanced SQL, Transact SQL or PL\SQL skills used in a data analytics capacity.
- Strong PC skills to include MS Excel pivot tables & V-Lookups, Word, report writers and database applications.
- Interest and ability in working both independently and highly collaboratively.
- Demonstrated professional oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent demonstrated organizational skills, including time management, record keeping, self-scheduling, and follow-up.
- Quantitative risk modeling experience, strongly preferred.