As a member of MoneyGram’s Finance team, you’ll work on a variety of engaging projects. You will gain very marketable experience navigating the complexities of a global publicly traded company. You will be able to learn through new challenges in a great team culture that values work and life balance.
Financial Reporting Analyst III
What are the qualifications that will help you achieve success at MoneyGram?
- Growth Mindset
“At MoneyGram we are forever evolving with what our customers’ needs are, I started out in paper products i.e.; Money Orders and now I’m working in the Digital world, MoneyGram Online, wire transfers.”– Karen Witucki
"I originally went to school to pursue a career in law enforcement. However, I soon quickly realized that Fraud (specifically online) was continuously growing. I guess what inspired me was that I want to help stop criminals who are victimizing everyday people.”– Nik Nordin
Paid Time Off
Paid Maternity Leave
Employee Assistance Program
Money Transfer Fee Reimbursement
Community Service Days
Business Travel Accident Insurance
MoneyGram supports ongoing professional development through continued education and on-the-job experience.
The Financial Reporting Analyst III assists in the preparation of external financial reporting in accordance with the appropriate GAAP including SEC filings, earnings releases and other external reporting to ensure accurate and timely filings.
- Assists with internal controls for the Company.
- Responsible for gathering the internal control documentation needed for Form 10-Q and Form 10-K.
- Prepares subsidiary financial statements on a monthly and quarterly basis and annual audited financial statements.
- Assists with the quarterly balance sheet review.
- Reviews press releases as needed.
- Prepares quarterly and ad hoc financial schedules and analysis for senior management and external auditors.
- Prepares benefit plan financial statements.
- Runs quarterly and annual audit samples for KPMG.
- Maintains the Corporate Accounting Policy Manual for his/her areas of responsibility.
- Supports the Financial Reporting Department with ad hoc analysis or special projects as assigned.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Any combination of relevant education and experience and/or related professional designations/certifications in this field is highly desirable.
- Minimum Required: Four-year degree in accounting
- CPA certificate preferred (or demonstrated effort and intent to obtain a certificate)
- 3-5 years of increasing responsibility within public accounting and/or a public company in financial reporting.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Proficient user of Microsoft office in both creation and use of spreadsheets and Word documents.
- Use of Oracle, Essbase and Hyperion preferred.