Head of Technical Accounting and ControlsApply
The Head of Technical Accounting and Controls manages the preparation of external financial reports in accordance with GAAP including SEC filings, press releases, investor presentations, and regulatory and debt filings to ensure accurate and timely filings. The incumbent will be responsible for researching current and pending accounting issues to determine proper treatment in accordance with GAAP. Additionally, the incumbent will be responsible for the oversight of the internal controls over financial reporting.
- Leads and manages a team of professionals in the preparation of the audited financial statements and other sections required to file SEC Form 10-K and 10-Q reports on a timely basis.
- Develops an understanding of the business to assist in determining items for disclosure and ensuring proper disclosure of the business results of the SEC filings.
- Supports press release financial data table preparation and investor presentations as requested by the Corporate Controller.
- Supports proxy financial data table preparation as requested by the Corporate Controller.
- Monitors and provides summary updates regarding new accounting guidance and new SEC requirements, including implementation of new accounting standards, as applicable.
- Assists the Corporate Controller related to Disclosure Committee responsibilities to ensure proper compliance with the Company's disclosure policy.
- Supervises the preparation of monthly/quarterly regulatory financial information.
- Liaises with Internal Audit to provide Sox 404 progress reporting.
- Provides process improvement support as it relates to all Sox 404 controls
- Leads and develops finance professionals to ensure adequate resources are available to support key business needs.
- Performs other ad hoc analysis or special projects as assigned.
- BA/BS in accounting required or related field.
- CPA certificate preferred.
- 8-10 years' experience.
- A minimum of 5 years increasingly responsible public accounting and/or financial accounting experience.
- Strong GAAP and experience with the related research and application of pronouncements.
- Knowledge of SEC filing, regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Knowledge of consolidation and advance accounting theory.
- Predictable with SEC quarterly reporting deadlines.
- Track record of partnering with and influencing senior executives on technical accounting or reporting matters.
- Self-driven individual with proven track record working in high-growth fast paced environment.
- Effective written communication skills.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines and to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office and Hyperion Essbase.
- Proficiency with a general ledger software package required, preferably Oracle Financials.
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView All Jobs