IT Program ManagerApply
The IT Program Manager is responsible for large and significant programs where scope is subject to change and there is a high degree of risk. The incumbent provides strategic management across all projects and business functions defined in applicable project or program plans. The IT Program Manager ensures that program deliverables meet or exceed stakeholder expectations and corporate quality requirements are produced on time and are within budget. The IT Program Manager is also expected to lead multiple large projects concurrently under the direction of the Senior PMO leadership.
- Manages multi-year, multi-million dollar enterprise initiatives that have high degrees of complexity and are comprised of several sub projects.
- Provides program management for initiatives of large scope; develops and defines program strategy and approach.
- Defines the initiative per the business need and creates momentum and support to drive forward, while managing the competing needs of multiple stakeholders.
- Focus on both internal IT project needs and external stakeholders to create an environment and process that ensures the successful delivery of the program objectives.
- Manages and leads project teams to execute projects, demonstrating sound judgment, critical thinking skills, leadership and a sense of urgency.
- Initiates and facilitates team meetings and issue resolution involving the right parties to resolve problems.
- Effectively manages team to complete projects, including coaching, delegating, providing feedback and resolving conflicts and problems.
- Foster a team environment of shared ownership in the execution and success of the program.
- Ensures adherence to standard project time reporting, quality practices and audit compliance.
- Analyzes and communicates program status using standard and specific project management analysis techniques for budget and schedule variance.
- This includes but not limited to the generation and publication of status reports.
- Maintains and keeps up to date on all program relevant budget, schedule, and resource information.
- Ensures the completion of standard program communications and deliverables such as program and project charters, issue logs, risk management and implementation plans.
- Ensures clear organizational change management and stakeholder management plans are created and managed throughout the lifecycle of the program.
- Analyzes current and new program and project management processes and procedures to identify the most efficient and inexpensive ways to complete projects to meet the business and stakeholder objectives.
- Participates in a non-PMO resource on project management practices at MGI and in the industry.
- Establishes and maintains a strong partnership with internal customers to fully understand the business and their technological needs.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations to improve organizational effectiveness and customer service, reduce costs and provides a competitive advantage.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Any combination of relevant education and experience and/or related professional designations/certifications in this field is highly desirable.
- Minimum Required: Degree in finance, business administration, public administration or equivalent degree and/or experience
- PMP preferred
- 8-10 years of Project Management experience.
- Proven ability to be a leader in the change process.
- Strong interpersonal and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to establish strong working relationships across IT, business lines and external stakeholders.
- Ability to manage change and priorities and coordinate/realign project resources as necessary.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) and MS Project.
- HP PPM tool experience desired.
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail.
- Process the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and effectively.
- Ability to work autonomously and alongside a peer/mentor where necessary.
- Utilize and support project methods, process and toolkit as well as be an ambassador of the Project Management Office.
- Group facilitation skills, negotiation and ability to influence and drive decisions.
- Ability to articulate project challenges to project stakeholders and IT Leadership in a timely manner for escalation transparency and guidance.
- Ability to facilitate identification and resolution of project risks and issues.
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView All Jobs