As a member of MoneyGram’s IT team, you’ll work on a variety of engaging and innovative projects. We are a global company which provides very marketable experience working in a global environment, looking at the internationalization of working in the digital areas of the business, becoming exposed to managing risk/privacy, and adhering to GDPR and all global security guidelines. We operate with a scrum model, so our teams gain a strong understanding of the business, finance, and risk components related to their work. Working in Financial Technology offers the opportunity to broadly impact products that are used.
IT Scrum Master II
What are the qualifications that will help you achieve success at MoneyGram?
How MoneyGram Works
Send Money Online.
Learn More >
Send money to bank accounts & mobile wallets.
Learn More >
We offer competitive benefit packages that are specific to each country where we have employees.
Excellent company match with immediate 100 percent vesting.
Paid Time Off
Generous PTO with holiday pay.
Work/ Life Balance
Our employees are the reason for our success, so we offer a healthy work-life balance.
Work in the heart of the Dallas / Fort Worth area.
MoneyGram supports ongoing professional development through continued education and on-the-job experience.
The Scrum Master is primarily responsible for leading a dedicated self-organizing team to deliver functionality through development and quality assurance execution provided by subject matter experts. In addition, acts as a servant leader to the team, facilitates planning and team learning in the form of reviews and retrospectives. Continual review and adaptation of the process to ensure quality of team/solutions.
- Responsible for personal growth in the Scrum Master role by continuing on-going education, following guidance from agile coaches, attending training when available, and participating in the Community of Practice.
- Strongly serving the Product Owner and Development Team in their quest to do everything possible to deliver and delight their customer(s).
- Guides cross functional teams in executing the principles of the Scrum framework and working with non-scrum team(s) to ensure successful sprint execution.
- Facilitating discussions, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Providing support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example.
- Removes impediments that prevent a team from completing the work it has negotiated for a given sprint.
- Works to identify and engage appropriate stakeholders for resolution or until an action plan has been created to remedy the impediment(s).
- Assessing the Scrum maturity of the team and organization, and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable for the team and organization. Maintains relevant metrics demonstrating the value of agile practices, work throughput and quality of product.
- Values peer scrum masters through active participation in the Scrum Master Community of Practice.
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team.
- Excellent communication and mentoring skill.
- Understand organizational changes and updates that may affect agility maturity, demonstrating the ability to decompose or dissect relevant information that impacts all aspects of the framework and current SDLC processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- First level Scrum Master Certification, preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- JIRA tool experience, preferred.
- 2-4 years of Scrum Master experience.
- 2-4 years of Project Management experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of various project methodologies (waterfall, iterative).
- Possess the necessary skills to successfully inspire others and become an agent for change.
- Situationally aware – must be the first to notice differences and issues as they arise and assess impact to their scrum teams.
- Recent education in Scrum, including training, conferences, user groups, self-study, etc.
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills.
- Excellent organization skills and exhibit follow-through skills.