MoneyGram’s culture of compliance means employees hold the key to the safety and security of the business. We are all part of the first line of defense in preventing criminal abuse of MoneyGram products and services. We count on everyone to report suspicious findings and protect the interest of our customers.
What are the qualifications that will help you achieve success at MoneyGram?
“MoneyGram offers a fast-paced and culturally diverse environment in which employees are empowered to use their analytical skills to mitigate potential risk. The Financial Intelligence Unit leadership team creates a warm, positive, and supportive setting for analysts to thrive.”Binita Sawhney, Compliance Analyst III, 5310 Global Back Office (U.S.)
“The MoneyGram FIU culture is positive and encourages collaboration and a positive work environment. Management is open and supportive and there are plenty of opportunities for career growth as a Compliance Analyst in the FIU.”Ann Barrett, Compliance Analyst III, 5308 Financial Intelligence Unit (U.S.)
“When a colleague of mine joined MoneyGram, I thought it was a great place to work at. The multi-cultural working environment is a great experience, especially in an open-space office. I appreciate meeting and working with people from all over the world. Getting to know different cultures and trying to understand them broadens your horizons, if you keep an open mind.
I have been with the company for over a year now and I am pleased to be a part of it. Recently, I have changed my role in the compliance department and I am learning something new everyday. I see challenges as opportunities for progress and my duties never keep me bored.
When I was an English teacher, before I began my AML experience, I enjoyed working with people, having impact on their lives and feeling that what I did mattered. I found a similar feeling here, at MG, where just by looking at the data you can sometimes see real life stories. Helping fraud victims (It could have been your grandma who got scammed) and reporting the bad guys are definitely rewarding. I enjoy working at MG, I like the people I work with and generally, I like my job. It's an environment I would recommend to everyone.”Marcin Banaszek - Compliance Analyst II, Transaction Monitoring (Poland)
“I first knew about MoneyGram after moving from Egypt with my wife and 4 years old daughter, from a friend who had just joined MoneyGram few days earlier. seeking for new start and a challenge, I applied. It was clear from the first day during the recruitment processes that I was dealing with not only professionals but as well friendly community.
Once I joined the vibe was high, new colleagues from all over the world, different cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. All working helping each other with the workload and sharing the nice moments and building new friendships.
It is the Diversity, respect to each other, the acceptance, the team work spirit which makes MoneyGram the perfect place to innovate and grow. Proud to be member of this family.”Ahmed Khalil -Due Dilligence Analyst II (Poland)
Global Partner Compliance Policy
MoneyGram agents and other non-agent distribution channels are important partners that offer money transfers and other services to our customers.
See Policy >
Report Illegal & Unusual Activity
MoneyGram is committed to a strong compliance program, and to preventing and stopping fraud to protect our customers and business partners.
Learn More >
We offer competitive benefit packages that are specific to each country where we have employees.
Excellent company match with immediate 100 percent vesting.
Paid Time Off
Generous PTO with holiday pay.
Work/ Life Balance
Our employees are the reason for our success, so we offer a healthy work-life balance.
Work in the heart of the Dallas / Fort Worth area.
MoneyGram supports ongoing professional development through continued education and on-the-job experience.
The Mgr Compliance is responsible for managing a team whose primary responsibilities are to identify patterns of potentially suspicious transactional activity and investigate suspected activities as they relate to potential fraudulent transactions, money laundering and/or terrorist financing, and to maintain compliance and regulatory reporting in accordance with the Bank Secrecy Act and international regulations. The incumbent is responsible for mentoring supervisors and staff to enhance the effectiveness of the government reporting program for MoneyGram’s Transaction Monitoring & Reporting group.
- Provides direct management, feedback, instruction, guidance and direction to staff.
- Ensures direct report(s) are proactively developing and implementing standards, processes, methodologies, metrics and internal controls to support organizational objectives and mitigate exposure.
- Executes strategies and holds direct reports accountable for mitigating exposure by escalating activity to other areas where appropriate.
- Ensures staff is well-trained and knowledgeable by developing and providing training on relevant topics.
- Identifies policy and procedural enhancements based on business challenges and BSA, AML, Fraud and Government Sanctions, including OFAC, requirements.
- Manages changes to procedures, regulatory reporting processes and exception reporting.
- Ensures proper process controls are continually identified and implemented to mitigate operational risk.
- Develops AML Key Risk and Key Performance Indicators.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for the department, as well as on a variety of projects related to new products and services.
- Keeps abreast of important and relevant AML/Fraud issues, laws and regulations that impact the business.
- Identifies trends and opportunities to further improve the company's AML compliance program.
- Establishes and maintains close working relationships with industry experts, regulators and law enforcement officials to understand current expectations.
- Supports and leads the development and/or enhancements affecting systems utilized for alert analysis.
- Enhances management reports and operational reports to include KRIs, KPIs and trends and analysis.
- Conducts continuous analysis to ensure senior management understand AML trends and news in order to mitigate risks.
- Provides and presents monthly/weekly operational metrics and results of trend analyses to Compliance Senior Management and other key stakeholders.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS in business, finance, law enforcement, legal studies or related field or equivalent work experience in related area.
- CAMS certification, preferred.
- MBA, preferred.
- 5-7 years’ compliance work experience in a banking or financial services environment.
- Working knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act and AML Regulations, US Patriot Act, Office of Foreign Assets Control (strongly preferred – outside of US; required for US).
- Proven experience and ability to operate multi-nationally with regulators, law enforcement, business partners and agents.
- Demonstrated leadership/team management, preferably in a remote environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of the MoneyGram's business practices, organizational structure and general policies and procedures, preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to draft clear and professional correspondence, policies, procedures and other documents of a legal and business nature.
- Excellent analysis and problem solving skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to resolve customer complaints.
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately work with confidential information.
- Excellent communication skills – ability to facilitate the collection of information through interviews, meetings etc.
- Demonstrated persuasive, professional oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to employ tact and to appropriately adjust communications when interacting with individuals at varying levels in the organization.
- Experience communicating with regulators and law enforcement agencies.
- Experience in public speaking and making clear and persuasive business presentations.
- Excellent demonstrated organizational skills, including time management, record keeping, self-scheduling, and follow-up.
- Superior knowledge of MS Word, and knowledge of drafting software.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to act independently.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Additional language skills - As appropriate to the region, preferred.