Mobile App Developer - AndroidApply
The Software Engineer III/Mobile App Developer - Android serves as a technical consultant and at times as a lead to provide and support software applications that meet or exceed business needs. The Software Engineer III must be capable of working on computer programs that are complex in nature; is familiar with a variety of the fields concepts, practices, and procedures; and performs a variety of complex applications development related tasks with little guidance from others. The Software Engineer III may at times direct the work of others and is expected to proactively contribute and offer recommendations.
- Actively contributes to the development of solutions and ideas that add value.
- Engages with system users and business analysts to identify system enhancements and/or new applications to meet business needs.
- Develops elegant and simple solutions.
- Creates quality design documents to illustrate how the system works.
- Writes clear and detailed technical specifications for development of the application.
- Produces products on schedule.
- Produces elegant and efficient designs, high performance and scalable code that will allow for easy extension to future needs.
- Produces codes of high quality and reliability - strong quality code metrics.
- Effectively performs code walk-throughs.
- In conjunction with Quality Services, proactively performs extensive system testing to ensure that the systems work efficiently and are developed following the applicable development methodology.
- Unit tests to ensure accuracy.
- Tracks record of identifying largest risk areas and driving resolution of these issues.
- May lead the design, development and implementation of applications.
- May be responsible for providing accurate and timely input to Project Manager or lead regarding status of project-related technical tasks.
- Able to effectively estimate tasks, cost and duration of activities needed to develop solutions.
- Serves as a contact person in support of production problems. This may include providing evening and weekend on-call support as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Any combination of relevant education and experience and/or related professional designations/certifications in this field is highly desirable.
• Minimum Required: Bachelor of Science in computer science or a related technical field or equivalent combination of post-secondary education and work experience
• 4+ years of increasingly responsible systems development experience on Android platforms (excluding personal application)
• Experience in working with design to develop Android application that works with different form factors and OS version
• Experience in integrating application with backend API and optimizing performance and UX of the application
• Experience in managing different considerations for OS upgrade, application upgrade, and monitoring application crashes and issues
• Experience in working with agile scrum team and fast pace delivery cadence
• Demonstrated ability to understand business requirements and translate into technical solution
• Demonstrated ability to effectively participate in design and development of complex application
• Ability to track record of designing and developing high quality, scalable and efficient solutions and products on schedule.
• Knowledge of proper Android app architectural disciplines.
• Ability to analyze and identify root cause of technical problems.
• Excellent communication skills; verbal and written.
• Ability to adapt to change
Key Technical skills: Java, Kotlin
Experience with financial industry mobile app is a plus
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView All Jobs