As a member of MoneyGram’s IT team, you’ll work on a variety of engaging and innovative projects. We are a global company which provides very marketable experience working in a global environment, looking at the internationalization of working in the digital areas of the business, becoming exposed to managing risk/privacy, and adhering to GDPR and all global security guidelines. We operate with a scrum model, so our teams gain a strong understanding of the business, finance, and risk components related to their work. Working in Financial Technology offers the opportunity to broadly impact products that are used.
Mobile App Developer iOS
What are the qualifications that will help you achieve success at MoneyGram?
How MoneyGram Works
Send Money Online.
Learn More >
Send money to bank accounts & mobile wallets.
Learn More >
We offer competitive benefit packages that are specific to each country where we have employees.
Excellent company match with immediate 100 percent vesting.
Paid Time Off
Generous PTO with holiday pay.
Work/ Life Balance
Our employees are the reason for our success, so we offer a healthy work-life balance.
Work in the heart of the Dallas / Fort Worth area.
MoneyGram supports ongoing professional development through continued education and on-the-job experience.
The Software Engineer III serves as a technical consultant and at times as a lead to provide and support software applications that meet or exceed business needs. The Software Engineer III must be capable of working on computer programs that are complex in nature; is familiar with a variety of the fields concepts, practices, and procedures; and performs a variety of complex applications development related tasks with little guidance from others. The Software Engineer III may at times direct the work of others and is expected to proactively contribute and offer recommendations.
- Actively contributes to the development of solutions and ideas that add value.
- Engages with system users and business analysts to identify system enhancements and/or new applications to meet business needs.
- Develops elegant and simple solutions.
- Creates quality design documents to illustrate how the system works.
- Writes clear and detailed technical specifications for development of the application.
- Produces products on schedule.
- Produces elegant and efficient designs, high performance and scalable code that will allow for easy extension to future needs.
- Produces codes of high quality and reliability - strong quality code metrics.
- Effectively performs code walk-throughs.
- In conjunction with Quality Services, proactively performs extensive system testing to ensure that the systems work efficiently and are developed following the applicable development methodology.
- Unit tests to ensure accuracy.
- Tracks record of identifying largest risk areas and driving resolution of these issues.
- May lead the design, development and implementation of applications.
- May be responsible for providing accurate and timely input to Project Manager or lead regarding status of project-related technical tasks.
- Able to effectively estimate tasks, cost and duration of activities needed to develop solutions.
- Serves as a contact person in support of production problems. This may include providing evening and weekend on-call support as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Any combination of relevant education and experience and/or related professional designations/certifications in this field is highly desirable.
• 5-7 years of increasingly responsible systems development experience on iOS platforms (excluding personal application)
• Experience in working with design to developer iOS application that works for iPad and various iPhone size and version
• Experience in integrating application with backend API and optimizing performance and UX of the application
• Experience in managing different considerations for OS upgrade, application upgrade, and monitoring application crashes and issues
• Experience in working with agile scrum team and fast pace delivery cadence
• Demonstrated ability to understand business requirements and translate into technical solution
• Demonstrated ability to effectively participate in design and development of complex application
• Ability to track record of designing and developing high quality, scalable and efficient solutions and products on schedule.
• Effective team leader on diverse and different teams.
• Strong leadership and mentoring skills.
• Knowledge of proper iOS app architectural disciplines.
• Ability to analyze and identify root cause of technical problems.
• Excellent communication skills; verbal and written.
• Ability to adapt to change