Job ID 19010240 Date posted 03/05/2019 Primary Location Frisco-Texas-United States of America Additional Locations US_Corp_St Louis Park_1550 Utica-St Louis Park-Minnesota-United States of AmericaDescription
The role of the Release Manager is to assist in the planning, execution, and finalization of releases according the Release Management Policy and Lifecycle. Organize, direct, and manage activities for building and maintaining releases for their promotion to the production environment. Communicate and manage customer expectations, including Agile teams, IT Service Owners, Application Owners and the Business.
- Provide leadership, direction and definition for the release management function including planning, scheduling, test coordination and implementation.
- Coordinate with IT and product teams to prioritize enhancements and defects into releases. Collaborate with Product Owners and key stakeholders to define release schedules; manage scope and schedule for application.
- Design and implement efficient procedures for the distribution and installation of changes to IT systems; build Release Plans and Release Issue Tracking and Resolution facilitation.
- Create all required Release artifacts. Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews.
- Manage and coordinate Release Deployment and Post Go Live activities; provide status to the leadership and senior management on a regular basis for the release.
- Participate in CAB meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks. Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities.
- Managing implementation plans through ServiceNow. Ensure Deployment, Run Books and Implementation Plans are produced.
- Managing the release versions, stories, component changes and bug tracking in tools such as JIRA or Application life cycle management etc.
- Provide transparency to the release schedule, and identifying and aligning environment needs for each release;
- Act as gatekeeper for delivery into production by ensuring understanding of and adherence to milestone definitions, ensuring appropriate criteria is met at each milestone, and monitoring and tracking the progress of changes targeted for each release
- Define common mechanisms for rollback and standards for capturing release-related performance indicators.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Any combination of relevant education and experience and/or related professional designations/certifications in this field is highly desirable.
Four year degree in the field of Information Technology Management or Computer Science, Project Management, or Business Analysis or equivalent work experience.
- ITIL Foundation, CSM or SAFe certification is mandatory
- 3 or more years of experience with ServiceNow tool
- 3 or more years of experience with Atlassian suite (JIRA, confluence etc.)
- 4 or more years of working hands-on with all aspects of the System Development Life Cycle.
- 4 or more years of experience in the Release Management or Project Management function.
- Experience with devops and Continuous delivery is preferred
- High level of IT competence with aptitude for learning new technologies and processes with a focus on ITIL technologies and processes
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities. Flexible during times of change.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; strong interpersonal skills.
- Adept at conducting research into release-related issues and products.
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView All Jobs