MoneyGram’s culture of compliance means employees hold the key to the safety and security of the business. We are all part of the first line of defense in preventing criminal abuse of MoneyGram products and services. We count on everyone to report suspicious findings and protect the interest of our customers.
Risk Programs Manager
What are the qualifications that will help you achieve success at MoneyGram?
“MoneyGram offers a fast-paced and culturally diverse environment in which employees are empowered to use their analytical skills to mitigate potential risk. The Financial Intelligence Unit leadership team creates a warm, positive, and supportive setting for analysts to thrive.”Binita Sawhney, Compliance Analyst III, 5310 Global Back Office (U.S.)
“The MoneyGram FIU culture is positive and encourages collaboration and a positive work environment. Management is open and supportive and there are plenty of opportunities for career growth as a Compliance Analyst in the FIU.”Ann Barrett, Compliance Analyst III, 5308 Financial Intelligence Unit (U.S.)
“When a colleague of mine joined MoneyGram, I thought it was a great place to work at. The multi-cultural working environment is a great experience, especially in an open-space office. I appreciate meeting and working with people from all over the world. Getting to know different cultures and trying to understand them broadens your horizons, if you keep an open mind.
I have been with the company for over a year now and I am pleased to be a part of it. Recently, I have changed my role in the compliance department and I am learning something new everyday. I see challenges as opportunities for progress and my duties never keep me bored.
When I was an English teacher, before I began my AML experience, I enjoyed working with people, having impact on their lives and feeling that what I did mattered. I found a similar feeling here, at MG, where just by looking at the data you can sometimes see real life stories. Helping fraud victims (It could have been your grandma who got scammed) and reporting the bad guys are definitely rewarding. I enjoy working at MG, I like the people I work with and generally, I like my job. It's an environment I would recommend to everyone.”Marcin Banaszek - Compliance Analyst II, Transaction Monitoring (Poland)
“I first knew about MoneyGram after moving from Egypt with my wife and 4 years old daughter, from a friend who had just joined MoneyGram few days earlier. seeking for new start and a challenge, I applied. It was clear from the first day during the recruitment processes that I was dealing with not only professionals but as well friendly community.
Once I joined the vibe was high, new colleagues from all over the world, different cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. All working helping each other with the workload and sharing the nice moments and building new friendships.
It is the Diversity, respect to each other, the acceptance, the team work spirit which makes MoneyGram the perfect place to innovate and grow. Proud to be member of this family.”Ahmed Khalil -Due Dilligence Analyst II (Poland)
Global Partner Compliance Policy
MoneyGram agents and other non-agent distribution channels are important partners that offer money transfers and other services to our customers.
See Policy >
Report Illegal & Unusual Activity
MoneyGram is committed to a strong compliance program, and to preventing and stopping fraud to protect our customers and business partners.
Learn More >
We offer competitive benefit packages that are specific to each country where we have employees.
Excellent company match with immediate 100 percent vesting.
Paid Time Off
Generous PTO with holiday pay.
Work/ Life Balance
Our employees are the reason for our success, so we offer a healthy work-life balance.
Work in the heart of the Dallas / Fort Worth area.
MoneyGram supports ongoing professional development through continued education and on-the-job experience.
The Risk Programs Mgr is responsible for providing oversight and development of compliance risk governance and program assessments to assess, identify, monitor and reduce potential risks (inherent & residual) related to Anti-Money Laundering (AML) / Anti-Terrorist Financing (ATF), Fraud, Dodd Frank and Sanctions risk for MoneyGram at the enterprise wide level. The incumbent is responsible for day-to-day development and enhancement of risk assessment programs and policies, while also providing advisement to management on compliance priorities, exam management and communication to examiners, major initiatives, policy development, procedures, systems, controls and training to address key risks identified in the organization to sustain compliance with internal policies & procedures, regulatory requirements and awareness of emerging trends globally.
- Oversee and maintain the overall risk governance, global risk assessments, and program assessments (internal program effectiveness assessments).
- Develop and oversee the global control and risk governance framework for the compliance organization, to include establishing standards and guiding principles for the organizational risk tolerance.
- Partner with key stakeholders within the Compliance Organization to document and communicate risks so the business is equipped to make appropriate business decisions.
- Provide guidance to the compliance organization with respect to risk, emerging trends, regulatory response, due diligence and risk mitigation.
- Identify key risks and mitigating factors that impact the following areas:
- product/services, geography, customers, Agents or operations.
- Conduct analysis to identify and document risk; incorporating information from industry accepted resources, such as FATF, Basel, and other relevant guiding bodies - to provide appropriate business recommendations.
- Work closely with management to develop risk assessments, implement programs and new requirements, and drive implementation of recommendations regarding business & process optimization, profit improvement, internal control & compliance.
- Participates and/or manages special projects; acts as subject matter expert on core programs and sub-programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years’ cumulative work experience within a Financial Institution or similar industry.
- CAMs certification or other professional designation, preferred.
- Working knowledge of Anti-Money Laundering, Fraud, Securities Rules/Law, Sanctions, Anti-Bribery, Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, Office of Foreign Assets Control and consumer fraud awareness and/or other AML regulatory policies.
- Knowledge of COSO and COSO II Framework and how to apply in a business setting to conduct risk assessments and document and manage control frameworks preferred.
- Experience developing and implementing compliance policies, programs, and procedures, with a specificity around inherent and residual risk assessments.
- Experience working with regulators, or having to manage stakeholder expectations regarding compliance programs.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with individuals and influence individuals across business and/or functional lines.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and relationship skills.
- Proficiency in learning new computer systems.
- Ability to collaborate with people across the enterprise to achieve consensus on regulatory risk issues and appropriate mitigation.
- Experience in creating and delivering presentations.
- Experience in developing and delivering compliance communications to business unit and support function personnel.
- Excellent analytical, communication (verbal and written), organizational, business acumen, and report writing skills.
- Results oriented and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities to meet business needs.
- Strong ownership of the learning process.
- Ability to drive positive change leveraging the Program Office staff.
- Exercise sound professional judgment, attention to detail, and observe the highest degree of confidentiality and accuracy in the handling of information received.