As a member of MoneyGram’s Finance team, you’ll work on a variety of engaging projects. You will gain very marketable experience navigating the complexities of a global publicly traded company. You will be able to learn through new challenges in a great team culture that values work and life balance.
What are the qualifications that will help you achieve success at MoneyGram?
- Growth Mindset
“At MoneyGram we are forever evolving with what our customers’ needs are, I started out in paper products i.e.; Money Orders and now I’m working in the Digital world, MoneyGram Online, wire transfers.”– Karen Witucki
"I originally went to school to pursue a career in law enforcement. However, I soon quickly realized that Fraud (specifically online) was continuously growing. I guess what inspired me was that I want to help stop criminals who are victimizing everyday people.”– Nik Nordin
Paid Time Off
Paid Maternity Leave
Employee Assistance Program
Money Transfer Fee Reimbursement
Community Service Days
Business Travel Accident Insurance
MoneyGram supports ongoing professional development through continued education and on-the-job experience.
The SEC Analyst III is responsible for preparing financial disclosures in the Company's Form 10-Qs and 10-K and Earnings Release and ad hoc financial schedules and analysis for senior management and external auditors.
- Prepares financial statements and disclosures for the Company’s filings, including but not limited to Form 10-Q, Form 10-K and statutory filings.
- Prepares supporting schedules and documentation for information contained in external filings.
- Assists with the XBRL process.
- Liaisons with Legal regarding required filings and external reporting.
- Liaisons with FP&A and Communications regarding Earnings Release, slides, script and general press releases.
- Completes quarterly condensed consolidating financial information for debt compliance.
- Assists in monitoring and summarizing changes in GAAP and with implementation of new accounting guidance.
- Assists in research and implementation of new accounting guidance.
- Assists in writing accounting position papers, accounting policies and procedures.
- Maintains the Corporate Accounting Policy Manual for his/her areas of responsibility.
- Prepares quarterly and ad hoc financial schedules and analysis for senior management and external auditors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Any combination of relevant education and experience and/or related professional designations/certifications in this field is highly desirable.
- Minimum Required: BA/BS degree in accounting
- CPA certificate or demonstrated effort and intent to obtain CPA certificate
- 3-5 years of increasing responsibility within public accounting and/or a public company in financial reporting.
- Big Four Public Accounting experience preferred.
- Experience with GAAP related research and application of pronouncements.
- Knowledge of and experience with SEC filing and regulatory requirements.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Experience with Workiva reporting software.
- Proficient user of Microsoft office applications; must be able to create and utilize complex Excel spreadsheets and Word documents.
- Use of Oracle, Essbase and Hyperion preferred.
- Experience drafting accounting memos/presentation papers for Senior Executives, preferred.