Senior Accountant- PayrollApply
The Accountant III is responsible for reconciliation and journal entries of complex and high-volume accounts to ensure that financial reports are complete and accurate. The incumbent will review processes to ensure solid controls are in place and also streamline where possible to gain efficiencies. As a senior member of the accounting team, the incumbent may be responsible for reviewing the work of others and providing work direction and guidance.
- Prepares month-end journal entries and account reconciliation:
- Gathers necessary information to prepare month-end entries.
- Ensures month end entries are accurately recorded in a timely manner.
- Performs monthly balance sheet and income statement analysis on variances as assigned.
- Documents processes and procedures as needed.
- Reviews journal entries and account reconciliations of others.
- Assists in the review of daily and monthly journal entries made by others.
- Assists in the review of monthly account reconciliations prepared by others.
- Audit and SOX:
- Creates quarter and year end audit schedules for external auditors as requested.
- Coordinates with operations, finance and/or other groups to answer audit questions.
- Ensures SOX compliance by monitoring daily and monthly documented controls.
- Documents any changes to SOX flowcharts and matrices.
- Performs other tasks as assigned, such as:
- Responds to inquiries from other departments.
- Participates in projects such as system implementations.
Any combination of relevant education and experience and/or related professional designations/certifications in this field is highly desirable.
- Minimum Required: Four year degree in accounting or related field
- 4-7 years' increasing accounting responsibility experience.
- Excellent PC skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
- Experience with Oracle Financials, preferred.
- CPA, preferred.
- Strong background in multi-currency, preferred.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Ability to organize and manage time to meet deadlines while maintaining accuracy.
- Ability to innovate and improve processes.
- Ability to work independently and make judgments in order to minimize exposure or risk to the company.
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView All Jobs