As a member of MoneyGram’s IT team, you’ll work on a variety of engaging and innovative projects. We are a global company which provides very marketable experience working in a global environment, looking at the internationalization of working in the digital areas of the business, becoming exposed to managing risk/privacy, and adhering to GDPR and all global security guidelines. We operate with a scrum model, so our teams gain a strong understanding of the business, finance, and risk components related to their work. Working in Financial Technology offers the opportunity to broadly impact products that are used.
Senior Security Engineer
What are the qualifications that will help you achieve success at MoneyGram?
How MoneyGram Works
Send Money Online.
Learn More >
Send money to bank accounts & mobile wallets.
Learn More >
We offer competitive benefit packages that are specific to each country where we have employees.
Excellent company match with immediate 100 percent vesting.
Paid Time Off
Generous PTO with holiday pay.
Work/ Life Balance
Our employees are the reason for our success, so we offer a healthy work-life balance.
Work in the heart of the Dallas / Fort Worth area.
MoneyGram supports ongoing professional development through continued education and on-the-job experience.
The Senior Security Engineer will support the Dir IT Security Engineering and Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) to provide the highest quality of information protection and assurance solutions to customers and business partners. The primary responsibility for this position is to participate in the development efforts and ongoing support of the information security program. This includes leading in the planning, deployment, and support of a variety of security concepts and technologies, PCI/SOX compliance, managing outsourced “cloud” security functions and internet fraud prevention.
- Operates network and computing devices/systems that enforce security policies and audit controls.
- Provides engineering services, security consulting and leadership on select projects.
- Researches emerging technologies in support of ongoing security practice and enhancements.
- Provides engineering support for security operations team, service desk and escalation tiers.
- Performs hands-on engineering support of a wide range of security technologies.
- Assists in remediation and responses to audits, vulnerability assessments and penetration tests.
- Participates in security architecture and consulting with other IT teams.
- Assists in developing and analyzing security-related metrics.
- Assists in developing and updating processes and procedures with a focus on automation.
- Participates in problem analysis and incident response and participate in activities required by internal and external audit.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent post high school education and/or work related experience.
- CEH, GIAC, CISSP, CISA, or CISM certifications preferred.
- 7 years of information technology experience.
- 7 years preferred, of identify and access management, and Information Security experience.
- Ability to function as a consultant to other business units on security matters as a recognized subject matter expert.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience as a team lead and mentor to junior level engineers
- Experience in working with compliance and regulatory program requirements.
- Experience analyzing network, event and security logs.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills, applied with a solution-focused attitude.
- Excellent written communication skills, demonstrating the ability to write with purpose, clarity, and accuracy.
- Strong self-directed work habits, exhibiting initiative, drive, creativity, maturity, self-assurance and professionalism.
- Ability to relate internal policies and regulatory requirements to business requirements.
- Knowledge of PCI/SOX, SSAE 16 and other relevant regulatory and compliance requirements.• Proven experience managing numerous projects and activities simultaneously.
- Ability to drive quality into every product, project and service the company provides.
- Proven ability to make decisions based on the given data in a timely fashion. Handles difficult situations and act quickly to resolve them.
- Ability to influence those outside of the department to drive desired business results.
- This role will work with a wide range of tools such as Incapsula, CyberArk, Palo Alto, LDAP Directory Platforms, Symantec Endpoint Products, Rapid7, and Splunk.
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (AWS, GCP) as well as SSO and MFA a plus.