MoneyGram’s culture of compliance means employees hold the key to the safety and security of the business. We are all part of the first line of defense in preventing criminal abuse of MoneyGram products and services. We count on everyone to report suspicious findings and protect the interest of our customers.
Sr. Compliance Strategic Support Specialist
What are the qualifications that will help you achieve success at MoneyGram?
“MoneyGram offers a fast-paced and culturally diverse environment in which employees are empowered to use their analytical skills to mitigate potential risk. The Financial Intelligence Unit leadership team creates a warm, positive, and supportive setting for analysts to thrive.”Binita Sawhney, Compliance Analyst III, 5310 Global Back Office (U.S.)
“The MoneyGram FIU culture is positive and encourages collaboration and a positive work environment. Management is open and supportive and there are plenty of opportunities for career growth as a Compliance Analyst in the FIU.”Ann Barrett, Compliance Analyst III, 5308 Financial Intelligence Unit (U.S.)
“When a colleague of mine joined MoneyGram, I thought it was a great place to work at. The multi-cultural working environment is a great experience, especially in an open-space office. I appreciate meeting and working with people from all over the world. Getting to know different cultures and trying to understand them broadens your horizons, if you keep an open mind.
I have been with the company for over a year now and I am pleased to be a part of it. Recently, I have changed my role in the compliance department and I am learning something new everyday. I see challenges as opportunities for progress and my duties never keep me bored.
When I was an English teacher, before I began my AML experience, I enjoyed working with people, having impact on their lives and feeling that what I did mattered. I found a similar feeling here, at MG, where just by looking at the data you can sometimes see real life stories. Helping fraud victims (It could have been your grandma who got scammed) and reporting the bad guys are definitely rewarding. I enjoy working at MG, I like the people I work with and generally, I like my job. It's an environment I would recommend to everyone.”Marcin Banaszek - Compliance Analyst II, Transaction Monitoring (Poland)
“I first knew about MoneyGram after moving from Egypt with my wife and 4 years old daughter, from a friend who had just joined MoneyGram few days earlier. seeking for new start and a challenge, I applied. It was clear from the first day during the recruitment processes that I was dealing with not only professionals but as well friendly community.
Once I joined the vibe was high, new colleagues from all over the world, different cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. All working helping each other with the workload and sharing the nice moments and building new friendships.
It is the Diversity, respect to each other, the acceptance, the team work spirit which makes MoneyGram the perfect place to innovate and grow. Proud to be member of this family.”Ahmed Khalil -Due Dilligence Analyst II (Poland)
Global Partner Compliance Policy
MoneyGram agents and other non-agent distribution channels are important partners that offer money transfers and other services to our customers.
See Policy >
Report Illegal & Unusual Activity
MoneyGram is committed to a strong compliance program, and to preventing and stopping fraud to protect our customers and business partners.
Learn More >
We offer competitive benefit packages that are specific to each country where we have employees.
Excellent company match with immediate 100 percent vesting.
Paid Time Off
Generous PTO with holiday pay.
Work/ Life Balance
Our employees are the reason for our success, so we offer a healthy work-life balance.
Work in the heart of the Dallas / Fort Worth area.
MoneyGram supports ongoing professional development through continued education and on-the-job experience.
The Senior Compliance Strategic Support Specialist will join the Agent Oversight and Support efforts to ensures the business operates in accordance with all legal and regulatory requirements relating to anti-money laundering, counter financing of terrorism (AML), and fraud prevention. The incumbent will be assisting the Compliance Teams by developing and maintaining tools and reports, conducting Ad Hoc analyses to identify trends related to suspicious activity, enabling MoneyGram to form sound judgements concerning reputational and other risks while meeting expectations of regulators and other compliance stakeholders.
Designs and maintains dashboards, models, and reports to convert data into actionable insights by using advance excel skills
Creates and maintains complex “.sql” queries from MS SQL Server and Oracle
Creates and maintains Macros to track review’s status, aging, and findings providing Regional Heads a holistic view of their teams’ performance
Assists the Regional Compliance Teams in their Review Planning Process, by providing analysis on previous reviews and findings
Proactively partners with cross-functional teams to solve complex problems, while identifying trends and opportunities
Thoroughly and timely reviews reports and other investigative leads that would potentially help the Regional Compliance Teams identify suspicious activity
Formulates and recommends responses to potentially suspicious findings, and supports MoneyGram’s forward-looking risk-mitigation response
Liaise with various Compliance, Advisory, or Business teams, Legal, Security and Law Enforcement, or other internal departments as necessary
Collaborates in the coordination of diverse remediation efforts through by providing a wide-ranging set of analyses
Performs other duties as assigned
Any combination of relevant education and experience and/or related professional designations/certifications in this field is highly desirable.
· BA /BS in Business, Economics, Finance, Law Enforcement, Legal Studies or a related field; may be substituted with equivalent work experience in Financial Services, Law Enforcement, Banking or a related field.
- 7+ years of compliance, or equivalent environment with applied analytics experience
- CAMS of CFE certification preferred
- Strong writing, analytical and communication skills
- Excellent organization, strong time management skills, including the ability to effectively prioritize work assignments with changing priorities
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products; Advanced Excel Skills (Tables, Pivot Tables & Charts, complex functions, nested formulas, VBA)
- Strong .sql knowledge (Aggregate functions, multiple subqueries)
- Should be a self-starter, capable of working under minimum supervision
- Exceptional research and analytical, cross-referencing, and deductive reasoning skills
- Advanced knowledge of laws applicable to money laundering, including the BSA, USA Patriot act, US Treasury AML guidelines, OFAC requirements, and Suspicious Activity Reporting requirements; and/or global AML/CFT/Fraud laws and regulations
- Knowledge of domestic and international higher risk countries, jurisdictions and corridors of AML/CTF concern, preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a fast pace, diverse, deadline driven culture
- Experience working with highly confidential information
- Capable of sharing knowledge, mentoring, and training other team members
- Established solid business knowledge and comprehension of MoneyGram products and services globally
- Fluent/bilingual communication skills, strongly preferred