Associate Legal CounselApply
As part of the Global Revenue Legal Team, the Associate Legal Counsel is responsible for providing comprehensive corporate and commercial legal advice to the corporate business units situated in multiple jurisdictions. The incumbent may assist with contract negotiations, regulatory issues, product development, litigation and corporate secretarial work as directed and supervised by senior members of the legal team. The Associate Legal Counsel may have direct exposure to the business teams and ensure the coordination and collaboration of the relevant resources across the Company.
- Supports the Global Revenue Legal Team covering Europe and Russia & CIS by assisting in the provision of general corporate and commercial legal and regulatory advice to a growing enterprise, operating in multiple jurisdictions with a strong focus on the UK.
- Assists in the negotiation, drafting and amendment of standard agreements for potential agents in the territory in conjunction with the relevant business teams.
- Assists in the review and negotiation of other contractual arrangements of the group.
- Advises the business on legal and regulatory matters, in conjunction with local counsel, in relation to the provision of MoneyGram services in each of its applicable jurisdictions.
- Obtains advice, performs research and drafts memoranda on legal aspects of the roll-out of new products and the development of new distribution channels. Instructs and manages outside counsel in numerous jurisdictions.
- Collaborates closely with the Compliance department in ensuring the provision of MoneyGram services is made in accordance with Anti-Money Laundering requirements in the relevant jurisdictions.
- Assists with the management on litigation processes and liaisons with outside counsel, as required.
- Supports the legal review of proposed advertisements and marketing materials (print, radio, TV) and promotions to ensure compliance with local laws and Company advertising guidelines.
- Addresses any other general or ad-hoc legal queries/projects from internal business stakeholders.
- Undertakes company secretarial work for various affiliated companies, including holding of board meetings and drafting of board minutes, preparation of corporate filings and general corporate housekeeping
- Performs other duties as required.
- Qualified to practice law as a Solicitor of England and Wales
- 3-5 years' experience functioning as an attorney in a law firm or as in-house legal counsel.
- Knowledge of the payments industry and the underlying regulations is a plus
- Experience in contract drafting and negotiation.
- Familiarity with common law principles of contract law.
- Familiarity with corporate housekeeping requirements for UK companies.
- Ability to work with key business partners and put legal analysis in its proper commercial context in order to maximize business results for all parties.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a collegial team with some direct supervision within company guidelines and department policies.
- Ability to draft clear, professional and legally robust correspondence, contractual documentation, policies and other documentation
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse and changing environment.
- Excellent organizational skills - able to handle multiple priorities with minimum supervision.
- Proficient in Microsoft suite of packages - Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills in English; fluency in another European language would be advantageous.
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView All Jobs