The Employment Legal Counsel provides advice and assistance to the Sr. Legal Counsel and Associate General Counsel, Employment & Benefits, and others in managing the daily issues that have a legal impact on the MoneyGram business. The incumbent will be responsible for providing comprehensive employment and benefits legal advice across multiple jurisdictions to designated HR business partners and internal legal department members where appropriate.
- Supports the designated regional HR business partners.
- Provides legal advice and counsel on employment matters ranging from talent acquisition, performance management, internal investigations, succession planning, through terminations and post-employment legal matters.
- Manages employment and benefits litigation and legal charges.
- Hires and manages outside counsel as appropriate to serve as local counsel and local subject matter experts on employment matters.
- Manages budget for area local counsel.
- Supports global payroll team on local pay regulations compliance matters, pay audits and payroll litigation.
- Partners with benefits group on local benefits matters.
- Partners with business units on employment strategies and planning, to ensure compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Appropriate legal qualification and admission to practice law in at least one jurisdiction.
5+ years’ experience functioning as an attorney in a law firm or as in-house legal counsel.
- Independent thinking skills.
- Ability to effectively handle conflict and stressful situations.
- Strong organizational skills; demonstrated ability to handle multiple and changing tasks simultaneously.
- Experience in contract drafting and negotiation.
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills – able to influence and persuade in decision making processes both internally and externally.
- Ability to work with key business partners and put legal analysis in its proper commercial context in order to maximize business results for all parties.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a collegial team with some direct supervision, within company guidelines and department policies.
- Ability to draft clear, professional and legally robust correspondence, contractual documentation, policies and other documentation.
- Ability to build and maintain good relationships both internally and externally at all levels.
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse and changing environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and/or sensitive business information.
- Proficient in Microsoft suite of packages - Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience in the following areas: employment law, cross-border employment situations, French employment regulations, management of outside counsel would be highly advantageous.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Fluency in other languages (French, German, Arabic, Spanish or Italian) is preferred.
- Experience with EU employment regulations would be advantageous.
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView All Jobs