As a member of the Sales team, you will contribute to our global revenue strategy and build partnerships with key business targets. Being a part of the ever-evolving remittance industry, you will be able to creatively evaluate emerging technologies and solutions to improve the customer experience. You will have the chance to broadly impact a multi-cultural business environment while growing professionally.
Caribbean Regional Head of Sales
What are the qualifications that will help you achieve success at MoneyGram?
- Growth Mindset
- Reltionship expertise
“Working at MoneyGram is never a dull moment. Since the moment I get up in the morning until the end of the day I am constantly creating and developing new ideas to reach my goals. It’s a positive high energy environment that drives me to constantly reach for excellence.”-Manny Montes, Partnership Development Manager (Sales)
“When I moved to this country I started to work in the money transfer industry and loved it. I decided that if I was going to stay in this line of business and become the best in this industry, then I needed to work with the best in the industry, and that is MoneyGram.”-Glenda Lee Nazario, Sales & Account Manager
“My favorite part is the opportunity I have of learning something new every day, by interacting with people with different backgrounds and cultures.”-Rosa A. Del Valle, Sales & Account Manager
“I believed in the brand recognition of MoneyGram. It’s a household name. In general, people like familiar brand and they stick to their brand.”-Froilan Ong, Corridor Development Manager
“I am an immigrant living the American Dream, residing in New York. I have 17 years of business development experience in the Remittance industry which helps to maintain the connection with family and friends by supporting their financial needs through money transfer. MoneyGram International has given me the opportunity to use my expertise and knowledge in building and maintaining working relationships within the diverse communities across North America.”-Leal Daniel, Business Development Manager
Paid Time Off
Paid Maternity Leave
Employee Assistance Program
Money Transfer Fee Reimbursement
Community Service Days
Business Travel Accident Insurance
MoneyGram supports ongoing professional development through continued education and on-the-job experience.
The Regional Head of Sales for the Caribbean is specifically accountable for expanding the independent retail agent and digital network across a specific geography. This will be achieved by recruiting, developing, and leading a retail sales team who will identify prospects - retailers, banks, processors and mobile wallets - and sign them in line with business strategy. The position will support the operations team in ensuring new agents become operational quickly, and in conjunction with the marketing team, will identify/facilitate initiatives to maximize transaction volumes and revenue. Coordinates strategic alignment with other channels to achieve overall market/regional objectives.
- Leads and exceeds annual sales targets within assigned territory and accounts.
- Develops and execute strategic plan to achieve sales targets and to expand the company’s customer base.
- Builds and maintains strong, long-lasting high performing sales teams, and works close with Marketing, Compliance, HR, Credit, Legal, GTM, etc. Coach, train, counsel, and recruit employees.
- Ensures that the supervisors are leading and mentoring their teams successfully.
- Analyzes financial and operating statements for profitability ratios.
Monitor local competitors.
- Presides over staff/ sales meetings workshops and trainings.
- Assists sales supervisor in achieving sales targets.
- Establishes sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
- Implements regional sales programs by developing field sales action plans.
- Partners with key agents to understand their business needs and objectives.
- Effectively communicate the value proposition through proposals and presentations.
- Understands category-specific landscapes and trends, reporting on the forces that shift tactical budgets and strategic direction of accounts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree
10+ years relevant experience to include proven track record, within network and digital development, marketing/sales management, financial and risk analysis.
- Experience with an international focus.
- Proven track record in sales management of field-based sales teams in the retail and digital sector, with a demonstrated ability to increase network, sales volumes and revenue.
- Knowledge/experience gained within retail financial services, particularly money transfer, would be highly advantageous.
- Commercial acumen.
- Strong understanding of prospect needs and market dynamics.
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills and technical knowledge to make presentations and lead discussions to advance the sales process.
- Ability to handle objections and close sales.
- Demonstrable, exceptionally strong management skills.
- Proven motivational and leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to build and maintain credible relationships in person and over the telephone at all levels of seniority.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills; able to present to prospective Agents in a professional, persuasive, and compelling manner.
- Excellent organizational skills with the capability to set and manage priorities.
- Ability to take use initiative and to make fast, effective and appropriate decisions independently of others.
- Able to work in a culturally diverse environment and be sensitive to cultural differences.
- Fluent in English required, Spanish and/or French strongly preferred.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office.