Job ID 19010231 Date posted 03/12/2019 Primary Location Mumbai-Maharashtra-IndiaDescription
MoneyGram International now requires a Business Analyst in Mumbai to be the liaison among stakeholders in order to elicit, analyze, communicate, and validate requirements for changes to business processes, policies, and possibly information systems. As the Business Analyst you understand and analyze business processes and opportunities in the context of the requirements and recommend solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals. The Business Analyst must clearly understand project change management and how the role plays a key piece in the change management process. You must also be able to fulfill basic project management responsibilities throughout the project lifecycle.
- Independently initiates, identifies and coordinates the analysis of business needs in project areas.
- Interfaces or liaison between business owners/users and development project teams to determine, communicate and validate business requirements.
- Supports projects by understanding business needs, opportunities, problems, impacts, risks, and presents and agrees to recommended solutions.
- Understands, gathers, and defines requirements of all types, and documents with process flows and diagrams.
- Writes detailed business requirements, functional specifications and, when involved in project teams using an iterative development methodology.
- Identifies and communicates requirement/scope issues.
- Ties the strategic objectives to the project and quickly demonstrates a detailed understanding of the business, and be able to help determine solutions to problems.
- Identifies opportunities for increasing business efficiency through improved manual and automated process systems.
- Understands business processes and products for assigned business functions and the relationships between those processes and information systems, including the impact of system changes to business processes.
- Determines the impact of system change to the business and vice versa.
- Builds consensus among stakeholders, often recapping direction and decisions made.
- Applies logic to conflict management and issues.
- Maintains user confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Supports a variety of applications, sites, and departments.
- Assists in facilitating User Acceptance Testing or derive test strategy in creating and reviewing test cases.
- Communicates risks and ensures understanding of these risks.
- Provides on-going project management and status reporting at all levels.
- Creates and maintains project schedules by developing project plans and functional specifications, estimating time requirements, establishing deadlines, monitoring milestone completion, and tracking all phases of the project lifecycle.
- Provides timely reporting of issues that impact project progress, coordinating actions, and resolving conflicts.
- Conducts project meetings with project team(s) regularly to review project deliverables and deadlines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Any combination of relevant education and experience and/or related professional designations/certifications in this field is highly desirable.
- Minimum Required: BS/BA degree or equivalent business and technical experience
- 5+ years of experience in Business Analysis and Project Management.
- Must have strong analytical skills and be able to work under aggressive deadlines.
- Ability to anticipate and resolve problems.
- Ability to work with multi-location resources.
- Experience as an effective and highly contributing team member on projects.
- Demonstrated track record of assisting others, meeting assigned timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze technical and/or functional problems.
- Demonstrated ability to create solutions and ideas that add value.
- Ability to communicate technical subject matter to non-technical audience.
- Provide insight to business team regarding technical challenges.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills; demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical and business issues and solutions.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to organize work, establish realistic goals and deadlines, and execute the plan.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple and changing priorities.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office applications, including MS Visio and MS Project.
- Ability to negotiate with business users and IT personnel across departments to agree on the best solution for all users.
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- Knowledge of iterative development methodologies, preferred.
- Project management or development lead experience, preferred.
- A flexibility to working hours will be required as some shift work may be necessary to support different time zones
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView All Jobs