MoneyGram is a financial connection for friends and family. Each employee plays a part in helping the world transfer nearly $600 billion each year for everything from life’s essentials, to emergency needs and even savings. Our multicultural company operates in more than 200 countries and territories throughout the globe and provides challenging and rewarding opportunities for all employees. At MoneyGram, we encourage and embolden the entire team to use innovation to enhance our culture, company, products and the communities where we live and work. Connect with us via social media and learn more about MoneyGram, our Foundation and our customers.
At MoneyGram, we act with integrity, treat each other with respect and are committed to our company growth as well as to enabling personal and professional growth. These values are the underpinning of our company culture and the essence of who we are as a collective organization of individuals.
Job ID 17011334
Date posted 9/12/ 2017
Financial Analyst - (17011334)
The Financial Analyst will be responsible for partnering with business owners to provide financial analysis & reporting, budgeting support and guidance in accordance with GAAP.
- Supports team providing reporting and analysis of business trends to determine causes of variation versus expectations.
- Proactively identify shifts in business trends that can have a significant effect in the business performance.
- Prepares summary of financial performance at month-end and identify cause of variance to expectations.
- Month-end revenue reporting (consolidated level) and preparation of presentation materials for business owners and EC members.
- Directs expense and headcount reporting and monitoring.
- Budgeting and forecasting support.
- Assists in the preparation of financial plans and the analysis of consolidated trends.
- Evaluates the financial impact that different actions could have on the business, in order to assist business owners make informed decisions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Any combination of relevant education and experience and/or related professional designations/certifications in this field is highly desirable.
- Minimum Required: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business or Finance
- 2-3 years of FP&A/Accounting experience.
Primary Location Mumbai-Maharashtra-India
- Analytical skills.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles/processes, including account ledgers, accruals and journal entries that affect the business' P&L reporting.
- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal; preparation of presentation materials.
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data.
- Experience working with Oracle and Essbase.
- Experience manipulating business intelligence tools such as Cognos is a plus.
- Financial modeling.
- Complex data management.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Highly MS Office proficient.
IN_Corp_Mumbai_A Wing Unit 501
A Wing Unit 501 5th floor, One BKC
Job Financial Planning & Analysis
Job Posting Sep 12, 2017
Why join MoneyGram International?
Not only are we one of the largest money transfer companies in the world, with agents in more than 200 countries and territories, we are industry innovators and game-changers. We continue to outperform our competition in a dynamic industry that moves $600 billion - and growing - around the world each year.
Though we have a large global reach, we maintain a fairly small team of approximately 2,500 employees, which means that each one of our team members plays a meaningful role in our success. MoneyGram is an equal opportunity employer, and we're focused on building our diverse and inclusive teams with top global talent to help us accomplish our goals.