As a member of MoneyGram’s IT team, you’ll work on a variety of engaging and innovative projects. We are a global company which provides very marketable experience working in a global environment, looking at the internationalization of working in the digital areas of the business, becoming exposed to managing risk/privacy, and adhering to GDPR and all global security guidelines. We operate with a scrum model, so our teams gain a strong understanding of the business, finance, and risk components related to their work. Working in Financial Technology offers the opportunity to broadly impact products that are used.
Information Security Analyst (IAM)
What are the qualifications that will help you achieve success at MoneyGram?
- Growth Mindset
“What drew me to MoneyGram was the opportunity to work in an entirely different vertical—Financial Services, and to leverage my technical background and knowledge. I’ve learned to be successful at MoneyGram, collaboration is key. It is much easier to be successful and productive working together cross functionally than it is to work within a singular team. Different perspectives, skillsets and objectives will create better solutions in the long run.”Veronica Larson, Head of IT Service Management
How MoneyGram Works
Send Money Online.
Learn More >
Send money to bank accounts & mobile wallets.
Learn More >
MoneyGram supports ongoing professional development through continued education and on-the-job experience.
The Information Security Analyst will conduct access provisioning, risk assessments and analysis of existing access to systems, applications, databases, and data to ensure that access is appropriate, and separation of duties does not exist. The Information Security Analyst II will participate in projects and work with business units to provide requirements on implementation of controls. The incumbent will provide support of systems that are used by the team to conduct access reviews and maintains privileged accounts. This support will include configuration of systems, analysis of output from these systems, and initiating jobs from these systems.
- Process Information Security, Identity Management access requests and/or operational incident tickets. May run vulnerability scans on systems and applications.
- On call 24/7 to address security related access issues on a rotational basis.
- Collaborates with development and other functional areas to address vulnerabilities within systems/applications.
- May conduct risk assessments on vendors and internal applications.
- Creates reports that are issued to the business owners and works with the business owner and vendor to address findings.
- Reports on key metrics.
- May conduct access reviews of systems and applications with data stewards to ensure access is appropriate and separation of duties does not exist.
- Acts as liaison to auditors (internal and external).
- Provides support for the secure password vault. Investigates alerts and works with business units on remediation.
- Collaborates with third party vendors on conducting penetration testing of internal and external network, as well as all identified applications and systems.
- Tracks and works on remediation of findings.
- Connects internal systems, applications, and databases into the Access Review and Identity Management tool to provide automation to access reviews and user provisioning.
- Will provision approved end user access to various applications.
- Provides 24/7 support for the Privileged Access Vault (Cyber-Ark) to onboard identities and connect into systems and applications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Any combination of relevant education and experience and/or related professional designations or certifications in this field is highly desirable.
- AAS or BS degrees in Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent work-related experience.
- 2-4 years’ experience working in a security, fraud or risk management function or equivalent experience in a distributed computing environment that includes in-depth knowledge of applications and systems.
- Experience in working with security and access controls and provisioning in cloud environments such as AWS, GCP, and Azure is a plus
- Significant technology experience including Cloud Access Controls.
- Knowledge to support recovery strategy design and testing.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to adapt to potentially ever-changing situations and ability to work well under pressure.
- Knowledge of policy, standards and procedure documentation, and policy maintenance.
- Ability to present self in a confident and professional manner.
- Ability to deal with all levels of individuals, internal and external.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Outstanding analytical skills and ability to synthesize situations for corresponding solutions.
- Ability to communicate to technical teams in a clear, concise format.
- Self-starter; demonstrates personal initiative and willingly assumes responsibility and ownership.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.