As a member of MoneyGram’s IT team, you’ll work on a variety of engaging and innovative projects. We are a global company which provides very marketable experience working in a global environment, looking at the internationalization of working in the digital areas of the business, becoming exposed to managing risk/privacy, and adhering to GDPR and all global security guidelines. We operate with a scrum model, so our teams gain a strong understanding of the business, finance, and risk components related to their work. Working in Financial Technology offers the opportunity to broadly impact products that are used.
Middleware Engineer_Websphere with cloud experience
What are the qualifications that will help you achieve success at MoneyGram?
- Growth Mindset
“What drew me to MoneyGram was the opportunity to work in an entirely different vertical—Financial Services, and to leverage my technical background and knowledge. I’ve learned to be successful at MoneyGram, collaboration is key. It is much easier to be successful and productive working together cross functionally than it is to work within a singular team. Different perspectives, skillsets and objectives will create better solutions in the long run.”Veronica Larson, Head of IT Service Management
How MoneyGram Works
Send Money Online.
Learn More >
Send money to bank accounts & mobile wallets.
Learn More >
MoneyGram supports ongoing professional development through continued education and on-the-job experience.
Designs and builds technology environments to proper standards with associated documentation and processes and aligned to business requirements. This includes leading and managing projects in adherence with the PMO framework, participating in vendor management, creating/maintaining documentation, and helping to create standards and documentation.
Develops and reports metrics and KPIs as appropriate.
Gathers requirements from end-users and other key stakeholders to ensure that existing and new technology solutions are in alignment with business needs and Enterprise Architecture defined technology capabilities.
Partners with Enterprise Architects to determine future needs; participate in planning sessions with Technology Lifecycle Managers to determine how to meet future requirements.
Utilizes best practice for how products should be prepared before they are released to production.
Within this process, Engineers are accountable for working with Operations and defining installation, configuration, and provision processes and standards, as well as types of instrumentation required to administer, monitor performance, and troubleshoot problems; all with stability in mind.
Maintenance and patching of vendor supplied systems.
Partners with Application Development teams on common projects and goals. This may include, but not limited to: deployment and management of appropriate components through the SDM lifecycle, optimization for specific platforms and physical configurations, performance tuning, and oversight of deployment into each environment.
Assists IT Operations to analyze data related to supported systems (including critical events) and make recommendations.
Provides on-call support as an escalation point from level 2 Operations teams or in SEV1 situations. Performs other duties as assigned.
- More than 10 years of experience in IT Engineering and/or Operations with increasing levels of responsibility.
- 5-7 years' proven customer service experience, and must communicate clearly, courteously and professionally in person and over the phone.
- 1-2 years of experience in hybrid cloud environments and Kubernetes container management tools.
- Good hands on experience WebSphere and Tomcat application servers.
- Good hands on experience Apache, IBM HTTP web servers.
- Good hands on experience JMS technologies.
- Good hands on experience in CouchBase no-sql and in-memory tools.
- Good hands on experience kafka event-driven architecture tools.
- Good understanding micro service architecture and best development practice by using spring boot technology.
- Integrated services like BitBucket, AWS Code Pipeline , Jenkins and AWS Elastic Beanstalk to create a deployment pipeline.
- Good understanding AWS cloud environment and Good hands on experience to deploy Docker containers in Kubernetes Container Management platforms like AWS EKS, GKS etc..
- Good knowledge on Native AWS/GCP Cloud monitoring and management tools like Cloud Watch and Cloud Trail.
- Good experience to set up alerts in CloudWatch service for monitoring the server's performance, CPU Utilization, disk usage etc. to take recommended actions for better performance.
- Good understanding on a Continuous Delivery process to include support building of Docker Images and publish into a private repository
- Worked on Jira for defect/issues logging & tracking and documented all my work using confluence.
- Provisioned the highly available EC2 Instances using Terraform and cloud formation and wrote new plugins to support new functionality in Terraform.
- Good understanding in architecting and configuring secure cloud VPC using private and public networks through subnets in AWS.
- Good understanding about Application Servers, Apache Kafka Event/Stream based technology and Couchbase NoSQL/In-Memory caching technology.