MoneyGram is a financial connection for friends and family. Each employee plays a part in helping the world transfer nearly $600 billion each year for everything from life’s essentials, to emergency needs and even savings. Our multicultural company operates in more than 200 countries and territories throughout the globe and provides challenging and rewarding opportunities for all employees. At MoneyGram, we encourage and embolden the entire team to use innovation to enhance our culture, company, products and the communities where we live and work. Connect with us via social media and learn more about MoneyGram, our Foundation and our customers.
At MoneyGram, we act with integrity, treat each other with respect and are committed to our company growth as well as to enabling personal and professional growth. These values are the underpinning of our company culture and the essence of who we are as a collective organization of individuals.
Business Continuity Planner
Job ID 17010737
Date posted 5/19/ 2017
Business Continuity Planner - (17010737)
The Business Continuity Planner develops and maintains business continuity and disaster recovery plans that provide for the continuance of critical business functions during crisis situations. This position is responsible for conducting and maintaining Business Impact Analysis and developing Business Continuity Plans with viable business continuation strategies. The position also facilitates cross-functional project teams to establish recovery strategies that meet the requirements of business units and the enterprise.
The Business Continuity Planner also leads the business continuity and disaster recovery tests that satisfy internal, external customer and regulatory requirements. Proactively plans, schedules, and works in a consulting capacity with business and technology units in the development of business continuity plans and third party service providers. The Business Continuity Planner develops, maintains and exercises Emergency Response Plans, and other appropriate business continuation plans.
- Conducts Business Impact Analysis for each department to determine critical business functions and their processes.
- Identifies and justifies recovery time objectives and establish recovery resource requirements.
- Facilitates the maintenance of the BIA's by the business contacts and provides reports to ensure effective communication of findings and recommendations.
- Develops Business Continuity Plans, recommends recovery strategies and options, and assists with the implementation of the recovery solutions.
- Provides ongoing guidance for business continuation strategies to reach desired control level, e.g., regulatory and legal requirements, customer SLA's, etc.
- Participates on project teams, provides templates and guidance for the documentation of business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Administers enterprise business continuity tools and provides training while conducting knowledge transfer regarding business continuity best practices.
- Establishes and coordinates business recovery testing methodologies and exercises to ensure adequacy of Business Continuity Plans and training of personnel who execute them.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Certification Requirement: Current CBCP certification through DRII-Disaster Recovery International or BCI-Business Continuity Institute.
- 3+ years of experience focused on Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery.
Primary Location Warsaw-Warsaw-Poland
- Knowledge and experience in Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery.
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of Crisis Management and managing Emergency Response Teams.
- Knowledge of facilitating Risk Assessments, analyzing Human, Natural & Technology threats.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements for financial services industries, to include HIPAA, Sarbanes- Oxley, SEC, OCC, and etc.
- Knowledge and experience in guidelines for Business Continuity.
- Significant knowledge of business impact analysis methodologies.
- Experience with the MS Access application.
- Self-starter with the ability to work under the pressure of deadlines.
- Demonstrate the ability to be a superior problem solver.
- Highly effective facilitator of cross-functional teams.
- Must be able to perform critiques of written plans and facilitate a variety of exercises.
- Ability to question the status quo, identify improvements and effectively drive change.
- Ability to analyze problems and develop and implement effective solutions.
- Strong analytical skills.
13 Konstruktorska Street Konstruktorska Business Center, 6th Floor
Travel DetailsYes, 15 % of the Time
Job Information Security
Job Posting May 19, 2017
Why join MoneyGram International?
Not only are we one of the largest money transfer companies in the world, with agents in more than 200 countries and territories, we are industry innovators and game-changers. We continue to outperform our competition in a dynamic industry that moves $600 billion - and growing - around the world each year.
Though we have a large global reach, we maintain a fairly small team of approximately 2,500 employees, which means that each one of our team members plays a meaningful role in our success. MoneyGram is an equal opportunity employer, and we're focused on building our diverse and inclusive teams with top global talent to help us accomplish our goals.