MoneyGram’s culture of compliance means employees hold the key to the safety and security of the business. We are all part of the first line of defense in preventing criminal abuse of MoneyGram products and services. We count on everyone to report suspicious findings and protect the interest of our customers.
Compliance Analyst (Sanctions, ECDD, PEP)
What are the qualifications that will help you achieve success at MoneyGram?
“MoneyGram offers a fast-paced and culturally diverse environment in which employees are empowered to use their analytical skills to mitigate potential risk. The Financial Intelligence Unit leadership team creates a warm, positive, and supportive setting for analysts to thrive.”Binita Sawhney, Compliance Analyst III, 5310 Global Back Office (U.S.)
“The MoneyGram FIU culture is positive and encourages collaboration and a positive work environment. Management is open and supportive and there are plenty of opportunities for career growth as a Compliance Analyst in the FIU.”Ann Barrett, Compliance Analyst III, 5308 Financial Intelligence Unit (U.S.)
“When a colleague of mine joined MoneyGram, I thought it was a great place to work at. The multi-cultural working environment is a great experience, especially in an open-space office. I appreciate meeting and working with people from all over the world. Getting to know different cultures and trying to understand them broadens your horizons, if you keep an open mind.
I have been with the company for over a year now and I am pleased to be a part of it. Recently, I have changed my role in the compliance department and I am learning something new everyday. I see challenges as opportunities for progress and my duties never keep me bored.
When I was an English teacher, before I began my AML experience, I enjoyed working with people, having impact on their lives and feeling that what I did mattered. I found a similar feeling here, at MG, where just by looking at the data you can sometimes see real life stories. Helping fraud victims (It could have been your grandma who got scammed) and reporting the bad guys are definitely rewarding. I enjoy working at MG, I like the people I work with and generally, I like my job. It's an environment I would recommend to everyone.”Marcin Banaszek - Compliance Analyst II, Transaction Monitoring (Poland)
“I first knew about MoneyGram after moving from Egypt with my wife and 4 years old daughter, from a friend who had just joined MoneyGram few days earlier. seeking for new start and a challenge, I applied. It was clear from the first day during the recruitment processes that I was dealing with not only professionals but as well friendly community.
Once I joined the vibe was high, new colleagues from all over the world, different cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. All working helping each other with the workload and sharing the nice moments and building new friendships.
It is the Diversity, respect to each other, the acceptance, the team work spirit which makes MoneyGram the perfect place to innovate and grow. Proud to be member of this family.”Ahmed Khalil -Due Dilligence Analyst II (Poland)
Global Partner Compliance Policy
MoneyGram agents and other non-agent distribution channels are important partners that offer money transfers and other services to our customers.
See Policy >
Report Illegal & Unusual Activity
MoneyGram is committed to a strong compliance program, and to preventing and stopping fraud to protect our customers and business partners.
Learn More >
MoneyGram supports ongoing professional development through continued education and on-the-job experience.
The Compliance Analyst (Sanctions, ECDD, PEP) ensures the business operates in accordance with all legal and regulatory requirements and all group standards relating to anti-money laundering, counter financing of terrorism (AML), and fraud prevention. The incumbent is responsible for advanced investigations that detect and report suspicious activity to government authorities and enable MoneyGram to form sound judgements concerning reputational and other risks while meeting expectations of regulators and other compliance stakeholders.
- Reviews and analyzes leads for potential suspicious activity, including those generated from an alert detection processes, subpoenas and warrants, negative media reports, as well as other sources to include (but not limited to):
- Identifying, researching and reporting suspicious activity.
- Managing the investigative process from initial detection to disposition.
- Thoroughly and timely reviewing reports and other investigative leads that potentially identify suspicious activity.
- Formulating and recommending responses to potentially suspicious findings, reporting such activity to the appropriate regulatory authorities, and support MoneyGram's forward-looking risk-mitigation response.
- Supports managers, supervisors, and sr analysts in conducting moderately complex AML/Fraud investigations.
- Works with team members to determine whether to close cases, escalate findings and/or file a Suspicious Activity Report with the various global regulatory, law enforcement or, Financial Intelligence Units globally.
- Writes and files Suspicious Activity Reports and recommends relationship retention or termination.
- Liaise with various Compliance, Advisory, or Business teams, Legal, Security and Law Enforcement, or other internal departments as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- At least BA/BS in business, finance, law enforcement, legal studies or a related field;
- 3-5 years of compliance financial investigations, experience in money service business or banking.
- CAMS of CFE certification preferred.
- 1 year of experience in writing and preparing Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) or similar in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of laws applicable to money laundering, including the BSA, USA Patriot act, US Treasury AML guidelines, OFAC requirements, and Suspicious Activity Reporting requirements; and/or global AML/CFT/Fraud laws and regulations.
- Excellent organization, strong time management skills, including the ability to effectively prioritize work assignments with changing priorities.
- Should be a self-starter, capable of working under minimum supervision.
- Results oriented team player.
- Able to multi-task and complete projects on time.
- Exceptional research and analytical, cross-referencing, and deductive reasoning skills.
- Strong writing, analytical and communication skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills; able to effectively communicate investigative findings and recommendations with senior leadership & law enforcement.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a culturally diverse agent and consumer base.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a fast pace, highly structured, deadline driven culture.
- Experience working with highly confidential information.
- Capable of sharing knowledge, mentoring, and training other team members.
- Established solid business knowledge and comprehension of MoneyGram products and services globally.
- Knowledge of domestic and international higher risk countries, jurisdictions and corridors of AML/CTF concern, preferred.
- Fluent/bilingual communication skills, preferred.