MoneyGram is a financial connection for friends and family. Each employee plays a part in helping the world transfer nearly $600 billion each year for everything from life’s essentials, to emergency needs and even savings. Our multicultural company operates in more than 200 countries and territories throughout the globe and provides challenging and rewarding opportunities for all employees. At MoneyGram, we encourage and embolden the entire team to use innovation to enhance our culture, company, products and the communities where we live and work. Connect with us via social media and learn more about MoneyGram, our Foundation and our customers.
At MoneyGram, we act with integrity, treat each other with respect and are committed to our company growth as well as to enabling personal and professional growth. These values are the underpinning of our company culture and the essence of who we are as a collective organization of individuals.
Compliance Analyst (Transaction Monitoring)
Job ID 17011247
Date posted 7/17/ 2017
Compliance Analyst (Transaction Monitoring) - (17011247)
The Compliance Analyst II ensures the business operates in accordance with all legal and regulatory requirements and all group standards relating to anti-money laundering, counter financing of terrorism (AML), and fraud prevention. The incumbent is responsible to review and analyze various data for questionable activity, as well as determine and perform inquiries and/or investigations when warranted.
- Reviews and analyzes leads for potential suspicious activity, including those generated from an alert detection processes, subpoenas and warrants, negative media reports, as well as other sources to include (but not limited to):
- Identifying, researching and reporting suspicious activity.
- Managing the investigative process from initial detection to disposition.
- Thoroughly and timely reviewing reports and other investigative leads that potentially identify suspicious activity.
- Formulating and recommending responses to potentially suspicious findings, reporting such activity to the appropriate regulatory authorities, and support MoneyGram's forward-looking risk-mitigation response.
- Supports managers and supervisors in conducts AML/Fraud investigations.
- Works with team members to determine whether to close or escalate cases for further review.
- Documents all research and analysis conducted in case management tools (internal databases or case management solutions).
- Coordinates responses and requests pursuant to various regulatory requirements and/or requests.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BA /BS in business, finance, law enforcement, legal studies or a related field; may be substituted with equivalent work experience in Financial Services, Law Enforcement, Banking or a related field.
- 1-3 years of compliance financial investigations, experience in money service business or banking.
- CAMS of CFE certification preferred.
Primary Location Warsaw-Warsaw-Poland
- Some knowledge of laws applicable to money laundering, including the BSA, USA Patriot act, US Treasury AML guidelines, OFAC requirements, and Suspicious Activity Reporting requirements; and/or global AML/CFT/Fraud laws and regulations, preferred.
- Excellent organization, strong time management skills, including the ability to effectively prioritize work assignments with changing priorities.
- Should be a self-starter, capable of working under minimum supervision.
- Results oriented team player.
- Able to multi-task and complete projects on time.
- Exceptional research and analytical, cross-referencing, and deductive reasoning skills.
- Strong writing, analytical and communication skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills; able to effectively communicate investigative findings and recommendations with senior leadership & law enforcement.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a culturally diverse agent and consumer base.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a fast pace, highly structured, deadline driven culture.
- Experience working with highly confidential information.
- Capable of sharing knowledge, mentoring, and training other team members.
- Established solid business knowledge and comprehension of MoneyGram products and services globally.
- Some knowledge of domestic and international higher risk countries, jurisdictions and corridors of AML/CTF concern, preferred.
- Fluent/bilingual communication skills, preferred.
13 Konstruktorska Street Konstruktorska Business Center, 6th Floor
Travel DetailsYes, 5 % of the Time
Job Transaction Monitoring
Job Posting Jul 17, 2017
Why join MoneyGram International?
Not only are we one of the largest money transfer companies in the world, with agents in more than 200 countries and territories, we are industry innovators and game-changers. We continue to outperform our competition in a dynamic industry that moves $600 billion - and growing - around the world each year.
Though we have a large global reach, we maintain a fairly small team of approximately 2,500 employees, which means that each one of our team members plays a meaningful role in our success. MoneyGram is an equal opportunity employer, and we're focused on building our diverse and inclusive teams with top global talent to help us accomplish our goals.