MoneyGram is a financial connection for friends and family. Each employee plays a part in helping the world transfer nearly $600 billion each year for everything from life’s essentials, to emergency needs and even savings. Our multicultural company operates in more than 200 countries and territories throughout the globe and provides challenging and rewarding opportunities for all employees. At MoneyGram, we encourage and embolden the entire team to use innovation to enhance our culture, company, products and the communities where we live and work. Connect with us via social media and learn more about MoneyGram, our Foundation and our customers.
At MoneyGram, we act with integrity, treat each other with respect and are committed to our company growth as well as to enabling personal and professional growth. These values are the underpinning of our company culture and the essence of who we are as a collective organization of individuals.
Compliance Operations Analyst with Italian
Job ID 17011491
Date posted 9/07/ 2017
Compliance Operations Analyst with Italian - (17011491)
\The Compliance Operations Analyst is responsible for identifying fraudulent and suspicious transactions by conducting escalated consumer interviews and making real-time decisions regarding high-risk activity. The Analyst identifies patterns of suspicious activity and may utilize real-time environments to assess activity as it happens. This position is operational in focus, ensuring consumer call handling and transaction reviews are conducted in-line with business service level targets. Accurate tracking of activities is crucial in this heavily regulated environment. Additionally, the Analyst will maintain awareness of current trends and regulations in consumer fraud, fraud prevention, and detection techniques.
- Performs consumer interviews related to high-risk transactions.
- Reviews transactions for high-risk activity; prevent suspicious and fraudulent activities from being completed through MGI systems/partners.
- Accurately documents the details of activity which is used for various regulatory and operational reporting.
- Escalates issues to management and other functional areas as appropriate regarding unusual activity, abnormal transactions, customer care issues, or escalated customer situations.
- Processes internal requests received from other functional areas to prevent high-risk transactions from being completed through MGI.
- Performs other duties as needed to establish, build, maintain and support the overall service levels and obligations of Compliance Operations.
- B.A./B.S. in business, law enforcement, legal studies or a related field, or equivalent work experience in Financial Services, Law Enforcement, Banking or a related area.
- Advanced English and Italian
Primary Location Warsaw-Warsaw-Poland
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent decision-making/problem-solving skills.
- Proven high quality customer service skills.
- Proven time management skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision within standardized procedures and a fluctuating, high volume of work.
- Ability to manage multiple short term and long term projects independently.
- Ability to adapt to changing work environment.
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated ability to use standard analytical tools (i.e. Excel, Access).
- Ability to provide exceptional service and defuse escalated issues.
- Strong MoneyGram product knowledge.
- Strong research and challenging service issue resolution.
- Bi-lingual/multilingual language skills preferred.
- Knowledge of domestic and international high risk countries, jurisdictions and corridors preferred.
- Ability to effectively present findings and propose recommendations.
13 Konstruktorska Street Konstruktorska Business Center, 6th Floor
Job Compliance Operations
Organization Global Operations
Job Posting Sep 07, 2017
Why join MoneyGram International?
Not only are we one of the largest money transfer companies in the world, with agents in more than 200 countries and territories, we are industry innovators and game-changers. We continue to outperform our competition in a dynamic industry that moves $600 billion - and growing - around the world each year.
Though we have a large global reach, we maintain a fairly small team of approximately 2,500 employees, which means that each one of our team members plays a meaningful role in our success. MoneyGram is an equal opportunity employer, and we're focused on building our diverse and inclusive teams with top global talent to help us accomplish our goals.