MoneyGram’s culture of compliance means employees hold the key to the safety and security of the business. We are all part of the first line of defense in preventing criminal abuse of MoneyGram products and services. We count on everyone to report suspicious findings and protect the interest of our customers.
Compliance Support Specialist III
What are the qualifications that will help you achieve success at MoneyGram?
“MoneyGram offers a fast-paced and culturally diverse environment in which employees are empowered to use their analytical skills to mitigate potential risk. The Financial Intelligence Unit leadership team creates a warm, positive, and supportive setting for analysts to thrive.”Binita Sawhney, Compliance Analyst III, 5310 Global Back Office (U.S.)
“The MoneyGram FIU culture is positive and encourages collaboration and a positive work environment. Management is open and supportive and there are plenty of opportunities for career growth as a Compliance Analyst in the FIU.”Ann Barrett, Compliance Analyst III, 5308 Financial Intelligence Unit (U.S.)
“When a colleague of mine joined MoneyGram, I thought it was a great place to work at. The multi-cultural working environment is a great experience, especially in an open-space office. I appreciate meeting and working with people from all over the world. Getting to know different cultures and trying to understand them broadens your horizons, if you keep an open mind.
I have been with the company for over a year now and I am pleased to be a part of it. Recently, I have changed my role in the compliance department and I am learning something new everyday. I see challenges as opportunities for progress and my duties never keep me bored.
When I was an English teacher, before I began my AML experience, I enjoyed working with people, having impact on their lives and feeling that what I did mattered. I found a similar feeling here, at MG, where just by looking at the data you can sometimes see real life stories. Helping fraud victims (It could have been your grandma who got scammed) and reporting the bad guys are definitely rewarding. I enjoy working at MG, I like the people I work with and generally, I like my job. It's an environment I would recommend to everyone.”Marcin Banaszek - Compliance Analyst II, Transaction Monitoring (Poland)
“I first knew about MoneyGram after moving from Egypt with my wife and 4 years old daughter, from a friend who had just joined MoneyGram few days earlier. seeking for new start and a challenge, I applied. It was clear from the first day during the recruitment processes that I was dealing with not only professionals but as well friendly community.
Once I joined the vibe was high, new colleagues from all over the world, different cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. All working helping each other with the workload and sharing the nice moments and building new friendships.
It is the Diversity, respect to each other, the acceptance, the team work spirit which makes MoneyGram the perfect place to innovate and grow. Proud to be member of this family.”Ahmed Khalil -Due Dilligence Analyst II (Poland)
Global Partner Compliance Policy
MoneyGram agents and other non-agent distribution channels are important partners that offer money transfers and other services to our customers.
See Policy >
Report Illegal & Unusual Activity
MoneyGram is committed to a strong compliance program, and to preventing and stopping fraud to protect our customers and business partners.
Learn More >
MoneyGram supports ongoing professional development through continued education and on-the-job experience.
The Compliance Support Specialist III ensures the business operates in accordance with all legal and regulatory requirements and all group standards relating to anti-money laundering, counter financing of terrorism (AML), and fraud prevention. This is the first analytical level of escalation within the department acting as a means to ensure MoneyGram and its customers are not involved in any illegal activity and remain compliant with internal and external regulations.
- Reviews leads for potential suspicious activity, including those generated from an alert detection process.
- Receive and generate referrals related to consumer AML/Fraud.
- Documents all research conducted in case management tools (internal databases or case management solutions).
- Check all entered data to ensure that it is both accurate and complete.
- Ascertain that all data entries are properly inputted, and that any errors or discrepancies are corrected immediately.
- Performs other duties as assigned including getting to know more complex processes.
- at least BA /BS in business, finance, law enforcement, legal studies or a related field required.
- Required: 0-1 years of experience. Prior experience in International Financial Institution will be an asset.
- Excellent organization, strong time management skills, including the ability to effectively prioritize work assignments with changing priorities.
- Results oriented team player.
- Able to multi-task and complete projects on time.
- Strong writing, analytical and communication skills.
- Fluent/bilingual communication skills, preferred.
- Excellent PC Skills, including Internet Research, Microsoft Office Products.
- Ability to address issues with diplomacy and tact.
- Ability to manage time appropriately, work efficiently and independently within a team oriented environment.
- Solid detail orientation.
- Ability to work with sensitive data with professionalism and confidentiality.