Data Analyst III - AuditApply
The Data Analyst III will employ data analytics techniques to provide insights on and enhance the efficiency of internal audits, facilitate direct access to data, and support repeat as well as ad-hoc data analytics needs. Overall responsibilities include summarizing the results of performed data analysis and drafting the observations and recommendations for management to further improve risk mitigation, process efficiency and control effectiveness The remit of the Internal Audit function includes operational, regulatory and financial reviews.
- Provides thought leadership and champion day-to-day implementation of a data analytics strategy.
- Advises auditors and management on analytical options to address specific needs, including discussing potential analytical approaches to problems, associated costs and trade-offs, and recommendations.
- Establish relationships with data and system owners to gain understanding of available resources, flow of information and ways in which information can be leveraged in the audit process.
- Develops methodologies that allow for reliable, efficient, and repeatable data extraction processes.
- Queries and mines large data sets to identify patterns, examine operational and financial data, and filter for targeted information.
- Establishes relationships with auditors to understand and meet the operational and analytics needs of the organization.
- Develops re-usable queries/scripts and solutions that can be leveraged by other Internal Audit staff on their audit projects.
- Develops and provides training to other team members and staff on data analytics and data access basics and more advanced techniques.
- Summarizes the results of performed data analysis and draft the observations and recommendations for management to further improve risk mitigation, process efficiency and control effectiveness.
- Performs follow up of open audit observations and update the internal tracking database.
- Participates in audits whenever not engaged in data analytics efforts.
- Reports and escalates issues to Internal Audit management as needed.
- Provides input into the development of the annual audit plan and risk assessment.
- Performs other internal audit related duties as assigned.
- Degree in technology (e.g. Computer Science or Management Information Systems) and/or business (e.g. Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Statistics).
- Combination of technology and business highly preferred.
- Relevant professional certification preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in a data analysis role, preferably within or directly supporting an internal audit, risk management, internal controls or compliance organization.
- Experience with data analytics tools, reporting tools (e.g. Cognos), visualization tools (e.g. IDEA, Cognos).
- Previous experience in analyzing business processes in a financial services environment.
- Advanced data analytics skills and experience with tools and techniques in support of internal audit projects.
- Sophisticated understanding of data systems and data query (e.g. SQL) and data analytics techniques.
- Strong knowledge and applied experience in data access and extraction from databases and enterprise-wide information systems preferred (e.g. Data Warehouse, Oracle Financials).
- Demonstrated record of successful, high impact data analysis projects and outcomes, including creating reusable queries and scripts for data analysis.
- Advanced MS Excel skills, including pivot tables, VLOOKUP, and creating macros.
- Knowledge of quantitative analytical or basic statistical skills (e.g. Correlation, Regression) and its application to data.
- Ability to work independently and within a matrix organization.
- International business exposure and knowledge.
- Excellent reading, writing and conversational skills in English and Polish; other language skills would be highly advantageous.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle ambiguity skillfully and apply judgment.
- Proactively highlights and escalates issues; ability to effectively challenge the status quo.
- Tact and diplomacy as well as ability to understand foreign cultures.
- Ability to work in a changing environment with multiple priorities.
- Good time management and organization skills.
- Financial Services Industry experience preferred.
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView All Jobs